smoking!! help please

tayyib

Lifer
hi, well basically i've done the turbo conversion on my sportif.

After lots of ups and downs, it is now running and has been for about 2 weeks. Only problem is when idling at traffic lights or at a giveway or when im downgearing/engine braking, its pouring out white smoke and stinks too.

i've been told it could be stem seals. but this seems a little to smokey for stem seals. cooling system is clean no oil/water mixture. Oil level is dropping very slightly after some hard driving and then the smoking at the end of it. help please.

Thanks in advance

Spoonz

Member +
hows the turbo was it in good condition??could be the seals.

has for the stem seals its a good possibilty and then can cause alot of smoke afer a while.

also a shot pcv valve

glad to hear u got the turbo conversion dont though :rockon:

tayyib

Lifer
yeah it runs perfect apart from the smell and smoke. i've just remembered there was slight bubbles on the dipstick when checking the oil. could this be anything?

tayyib

Lifer
as far as i know the turbo is in good nick, there was no shaft play and bought off a member on here.

As for the pcv valve could this cause a crazy amount of smoking??

tayyib

Lifer
well im off now to go change the rocker cover, could solve my problem. i wish.

& spoonz ur always there to giv me advice. rep added.

Idrees

Banned
Changed the cam cover to one with a new PCV, still smokes.

Starting to hear a knocking again. Engines probably fucked again.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
change the pcv vavle first off,if no change most likely the turbo seals from what your saying seems like turbo seals 100%.worst thing stem seals:(

Spoonz

Member +
well before u make it worse take the sump of and check the big ends u cant possible have that much bad luck :confused: also he forgot my rep :haha:

serious stop driving and check the bottom end but that wouldnt really cause smoking tbh

Idrees

Banned
The turbo comes from a mate of mine, it didn't smoke when he had it at all. Also when the car smokes you can smell burning, like burning oil. The crank pulley is buckled, gonna get a new one. That was causing the knocking noise.

Still dunno about the smoke.