Someone PLEASE help!

L900CMC

Member +
My f#####g computer is doing my head in,was fine on fri but all of a sudden i cant watch videos on youtube,says i have to install a flash player so i click the link and takes me to a page for installing but has nothing to click to start the install,so i try to do a system restore and everytime i try it brings up a blank page,also somehow my mcafee has dissapeared and everytime i try to do a download or take it off my disk it doesnt work!Spent over 4 hours tryin to get somewhere yesterday,seriously pissed off and wont let me on my online banking either

Please somebody help before i throw it out the window!

Glanza-V

Banned
Fcuk .... it was on the Old SITE..... and now its all gone off.... one of the members helped me out! Cant remember who it was! DAMN I know how it feels. Il try and remember...

L900CMC

Member +
Cheers craig,downloaded the flash player but when i go onto youtube it still says to download adobe flashplayer then i click on the link and it takes me to a page with no "box" to click on to download,the mcafee download wouldnt work either!!thanks glanza v it is so annoying really is!

Is there any way of completely wiping my computer or would it be alot of hastle trying to download all the programs again?

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
I had similar problem last year tried everything quite unusual as I know computers like the back of my hand but I found a program that really works... xp repair pro 2006 U2U me if you want the torrent link ;)

L900CMC

Member +
How do ya do that mate?is there any way of wiping the whole lot and starting again or will this cause even more problems?

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm not sure how to do it with the modern operating systems like xp etc. (i've lost my touch with computers now) it will wipe every thing. once every thing is reinstalled the computer will be like new and have no problems, until the next time u get a virus.

L900CMC

Member +
Im not too sure either,is there any way of forcing the comp into a system restore or any other ways of getting into system restore?

gv1.3

Admin
depends mate. somee manufactures put a partition on the machine with its "out of the box" image on it to allow you easily restore to how it came out of the box. Others supply restore disks which are a bit more of a pain.

Id recommend going on to the manufacturers website and take a peep at their support pages to see the recommended method for restoring to out of the box state.

You could just do a fresh install of windows if you have the media but all of your software will be gone and drivers etc so you will need to make sure you have all of the relevant drivers to get the machine back online.

Also back up all of your files that you may wish to keep. pics music etc.

L900CMC

Member +
Right found out why my system restore wont work says:

To resolve this behavior, verify that the following keys are in the registry. If one of the registry keys is not present, create the key, and then add the values that belong to the corresponding key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htc]
"Content Type"="text/x-component"
@="htcfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/x-component]
"CLSID"="{3050f4f8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}"
"Extension"=".htc"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3050f4f8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}]
@="Microsoft Html Component"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3050f4f8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\mshtml.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.htc]
"Content Type"="text/x-component"
@="htcfile"

How do i find where to enter this??

gv1.3

Admin
go to start and run type regedit and hit enter. go to find and search for whatever you are looking for.

L900CMC

Member +
Right typed in regedit but cant find system restore in the list anywhere??Is it in a certain place?

Craig

Lifer
Try doing the Flash Player this way:

Click here.

A yellow bar should appear under the address bar, click it and choose allow Active X Control or something like that. Install it then it should redirect you to a page, if you can
view the video at top of page, YouTube should work too...

P.S. That's if using IE - I'd recomment using Firefox though!

Craig

Lifer
Right typed in regedit but cant find system restore in the list anywhere??Is it in a certain place?

System restore is in the Start>Programs>System Tool menu or type the following in the Run bar:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\restore\rstrui.exe