Hello

I'm starting a topic to see if I could grab any sponsors around

The Car : toyota glanza

lionel1.jpg

Rally Fantasy review

check all specs here

Category : Rally F13, Slalom group 3

History :

this was my first year in race events. Only 5 slaloms were available on that year. I won 4 of them in my category, then finished second on the last one cause of a dying ignition coil. managed to do the overall scratch on one event, which means I was faster than higher category cars.

Broke my engine on the first event, I didn't have any mecanic assistance back in thoses days. so I spent the year to get the car back to normal slowly, Managed to finish 2nd on the 3 slaloms I raced.
Then I entered Rally events, I got TOYOTA as main sponsor for assistance :)
I did only one rally this year. I finished first of my class on my first rally ever. (10th on global ranking). check the review here

Toyota has been working quite well on the car at the end of 2010 and will do other improvements to have a much more competitive car for 2011. Now we plan to improve general ranking.

2011 schedule isn't official yet, but we should get 5 rallys and 5 slaloms at least. which mean a minimum of 10 race events :)

Sponsor I have at the moment :

TOYOTA MAURITIUS : mecanic assistance and maintenance
GARAGE SOORABALLY : body work
D2 RACING : brake/coilovers
ALIENWORKERS : car owner
AQUAMIST : Water/meth injection
PurpleOctane : (raceblend to be injected with aquamist kit)
CODEX : exhaust and weldings when needed
DALA : rims
HABIT : clothing

All race events will be published on youtube, we have now 3 cams on the car with many different locations option
all results will be published here with photo and video. on top of Youtube and Facebook. So we will have an international coverage

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Any footage we can look at now?

Best of luck in 2011, sounds like your doing the Toyota scene proud.

weeJohn

Lifer
I am sure there is a considerable cost to yourself for running for the year, so instead of having a sponser for parts/services, maybe something could be organised from the site for funds to be given to you from donations made to the site maybe?

weeJohn

Lifer
previous footage available on my youtube account :

http://www.youtube.com/zakshaker

2011 footage should look much better as we have now goproHD camera in bumper and side body pannels too :p

The car loooks great for the tight twisty track in that video. You dont have any footage (excuse the pun) of your feet when you are doing that do you? Sounds like a lot of heel and toe and left foot braking going on, I would like to see that if possible.

azerty

Supermoderator
you re right when you say it cost to have the car running for the year. for now I found it was easier to get parts or assistance than funds itself. But well getting funds would be much better to manage what needs to be done when it comes (you never know what will fail...) and would be great help to pay oil, brake pads, filters, tires...
I'm not sure how to do that though. Anything related the TGTT site would need Dylan imputs and approvals.

Otherwise I can already list things that I would like to work on or need to be changed.

GearBox
- Shorter gears !!! the easiest path would be to install a 4.3 levin shorter final drive. The ideal way would be to keep 1st gear as it is, and have all other gears much shorter/closer. I don't know if any other "C" box has longer 1st gear than standard glanza. if yes, then it could be the right trick to use that longer 1st gear with the 4.3 Final drive (and keep all other glanza gears)
- paddle clutch (the one I have on the car has done 2 years race season, It's about to die)
- TRD LSD maintenance kit (while I'm opening the box, I think I'd rather take care of this)

Steering Rack
- i have been looking for a quick steering rack for ages. or how to make one. but I'm still stuck with that. I have a spare steering rack I would love to work on, but have no idea where to start.

Head
- Engine head is fully standard ATM. But I think that is fine that way. I have a 34mm turbo restrictor, so there is no point trying to rev much more than standard as it will should be hard to get power there. it would still be a plus so I wouldn't need to shift gears on some places though.

Engine
Engine has forged pistons and rods.
a lightweight flywheel could be an interesting addon.

Fueling
- 360 cc injectors. I have 550cc ATM, but I'm planning to install 360cc as I will not need more than that cause of turbo restrictor and aquamist injecting purpleoctane on the side.
- I use an emanage ultimate for quite few years now. I'm very happy with it, A stand alone with ALS would be a nice upgrade though

Turbo
the turbo kit I have ATM has just been a brilliant kit for two years in the row. I wouldn't mind a GT2554r kit though :p or any good spooling turbo for best middle range (k24 ?) with a thick mildsteel mani that could support ALS

Helmet and racesuit
- still don't have my own gears, do you beleive that ? check the helmet I had on last rally ! I would love Hans kits, but well it cost an arm...

Rims & Tires
- I need wet condition tires !!! I still have my BF A21 for dry days which might be enough for the full season.
- I need an other set of rims, will check with my actual sponsor to see what they can provide an extra set

Brakes & shocks
- I'm sorted on that side :) I have an hydraulic handbrake wich will be installed shortly (it was about time !!)
the only wick point is rear brakes. i'm begging D2 to built one for me.

I don't have video footage of my feets. there is not much room down there for now !!

the two last video direct link are :
Rally Fantasy 2010
Slalom Shopright 2010

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Instead of a quick rack, can you not fit a multiplier to the steering collum that increases the ammount of turns out compared to the ammount of turns in?

Might be a non runner but is something that is available in mechanical fields not automotive so it could be modified to suit, if you could find a place to squeeze it in lol.

azerty

Supermoderator
That's an idea :)
It would have to be VERY reliable, I still have in mind my experience with a loose direction a year ago when my stupid whiteline ALK bushing poped off !

hardcoreep

Member +
Steering Rack
- i have been looking for a quick steering rack for ages. or how to make one. but I'm still stuck with that. I have a spare steering rack I would love to work on, but have no idea where to start.
There is a company that makes the gear. Just search online. You have to send them the old gear and tell them what lock-to-lock ratio you want.

azerty

Supermoderator
thanks Rory, I have already searched a lot. seems I haven't searched the good way.
I even started a topic long time ago : quick steering rack

good news about flywheel, I'll just keep the money for something else then !

hardcoreep

Member +
Try these http://www.buy-steering.com/performance.htm
If you have an vehicle with a steering gear box and would like a quick ratio steering box, we can usually custom build these for you. It depends on the make and suspension of the vehicle. The performance boxes are usually a little more expensive that the traditional box but can provide you with that 'sporty driving feel' that you are looking for.

Quaife can apparently make both custom racks and pinions.

Member +
seeing as you have a cloothing sponsor, you could see about making up jackets/coats that people could buy to help you raise money. that way you would get some ££ and people would get a coat or whatever. just an idea like.
Ed

azerty

Supermoderator
that would be an idea.
but I don't think it is going to work out with them. it is my smallest sponsor. they give me a budget everymonth to get clothes. that's it. I got that sponsor for a long time in fact, I had it when I was kitesurfing a lot 8 years ago and also DJing.

Last edited:

azerty

Supermoderator
I have no idea if it would fit though
it is universal design (3/4"-36 spline). but was originaly designed for american cars, so not too sure...
anyone would know if we got 3/4"- 36 spline steering column ?

Last edited: