Squeaking Brakes????

Greg0r

Member +
I recently had some new pads fitted to my 3g grooved and drilled brakes...

They are braking perfectly definately better than my previous pads

but they are squeaking really bad, like im talking biting your teeth together kind of loud only on slight braking.

So when im going around town etc its horrible everyone is looking at me, if i kain the car brake heavily it doesnt happen.

Any ideas of best fix?

Nwimie

Member +
how many miles have you done ? it might just be where they are fairly new and need bedding in ?

Greg0r

Member +
done a good 800 miles with them

ive even given them an extra hard kaining in hope they would remove whatever is making of the noise

Adam_Glanza

Member +
when they where fitted did they lurbicate the back of the pads with copper slip etc?

that would cause it to squeek, but i must admit my mintex pads squeeked when tey where cold

CoochiGT

Member +
Did you hammer the brakes straight away??? Never hammer new brakes or they glaze the pads and squeak like mad.

I find the harder i drive mine the more squeaky my brake's get.

Might be worth checking for a lip on the disc and going from there. If there's no lip then grease the pad's up, although while you've got the pads out you might aswell give the face's a light sand down incase they are glazed.

Hope this helps :D

Dave.

Member +
I find the harder i drive mine the more squeaky my brake's get.

Ditto for me mate...

Might be worth checking for a lip on the disc and going from there. If there's no lip then grease the pad's up, although while you've got the pads out you might aswell give the face's a light sand down incase they are glazed.

Hope this helps :D

Spot on advice, I'll give it a go myself, I've been meaning to for a long time lol....

Dave

CoochiGT

Member +
Lazy man Dave!!! I need to do mine but waiting til i get some new pads. Aint got a lot of life left anyway. Was gonna spray caliper's whilst i was there too, waiting for a quiet weekend too.

Just a query, what pads are your running Greg?

Dave.

Member +
haha, I know mate, I know...

I've got some mad orange pads on my car, they were on it when I got it, and they weren't copper slip coated at all :p I need to get round to it, and fixing my rear brakes that haven't been right since my handbrake froze on!

Yet, I still love my starlet lol :D

Dave

CoochiGT

Member +
So you've only got front brakes? My bro drove around for over a year with no handbrake, dunoo how but he managed it lol.

I do hate cheap s**t pads, they always squeak and last for ages!

I'm exactually the same as you, mine need's a water pump and yet i still love it:D