st165 disc to use

spudep91

Member +
Whats the easy disc to get and use for the st165 break conversion.

Im allmost sure I got a mark 4 astra disc and milled out the back and on she went the last time but in Reading up and some saying you need spigot rings or spacers and some say to mill off some other part of the disc. Thanks in advance. If anyone wants to give me a link to a disc im looking that would be great

dac69er

Super Moderator
Whats the easy disc to get and use for the st165 break conversion.

Im allmost sure I got a mark 4 astra disc and milled out the back and on she went the last time but in Reading up and some saying you need spigot rings or spacers and some say to mill off some other part of the disc. Thanks in advance. If anyone wants to give me a link to a disc im looking that would be great

all discs need some kind of work to fit perfect. after lots of research the astra disc is the most suitable. i cant remember the exact specs of the top of my head but it needed a bit milled off the back a skim of the inside, then a spigot ring made to reduce the inner bore down to the correct size.

they will pretty much fit with none of this work though, you just need to file a little off the starlet hub. just depends how perfect you want the fit to be.

Phil

Super Moderator
Ive a sheet detailing the work needing done to a Astra 1.7 diesel disc.

Ill get you a copy shortly Spud,

Phil

weeJohn

Lifer
You need a 3mm spacer for behind the disc with a stock ST165 255mm disc, then just drill out the same 4 bolt pattern as the EP on that disc.

Think my discs were £12 lol.

Phil

Super Moderator
You need a 3mm spacer for behind the disc with a stock ST165 255mm disc, then just drill out the same 4 bolt pattern as the EP on that disc.

Think my discs were £12 lol.

Thats sounds a whole lot more straightforward than an astra disc! id go with this option.

though ill whatsapp you a pic of the sheet later spud.

Phil