starlet missing after 4000rpm

saad khan

Fresh Recruit
hi everyone, how are u people? hope everyone is doing fine, i wanted to ask that my starlet ep71, 4efte 3rd GEN. KKK-K24 turbo stock ecu, its missing at high rpms like after 4000, 4500. FPR=4 spark plug are fine plug wires are fine.. help plz :(. defi boost guage showing -05psi, although built is tunned on 10psi 13max.

ramses974

Member +
hi everyone, how are u people? hope everyone is doing fine, i wanted to ask that my starlet ep71, 4efte 3rd GEN. KKK-K24 turbo stock ecu, its missing at high rpms like after 4000, 4500. FPR=4 spark plug are fine plug wires are fine.. help plz :(. defi boost guage showing -05psi, although built is tunned on 10psi 13max.

you can have a lot of explaination about this :
1/check the ignition system (coil-igniter?)
2/check fuel system ( fuel filter-fuel pump-regulator ?)
3/check the map sensor ?

saad khan

Fresh Recruit
@ramses974 can u plz tell me that APEXI (afc neo) show -40% correction, why is that so? coil igniter where is that in the engine bay?
i have a walbro 255 fuel pump, seems to be ok, fuel system, FPR is on above 4.1 and 4.3.

wildchild

Member +
what injectors are you running?
when u say you blew up the engine earlier what happened?
If you are running stock ecu then check the MAP sensor. it may have a damaged vacuum tube or else map sensor is faulty.
You could also have damaged plug wires as ramses974 mentioned. one way of checking is to see at night if you can find any spark leaks. (Blue streaks of light seen somewhere along the ignition leads or distributor cup while on idle or revving engine)

saad khan

Fresh Recruit
If you are running stock ecu then check the MAP sensor. it may have a damaged vacuum tube or else map sensor is faulty.
You could also have damaged plug wires as ramses974 mentioned. one way of checking is to see at night if you can find any spark leaks. (Blue streaks of light seen somewhere along the ignition leads or distributor cup while on idle or revving engine)
INJECTORS: 450cc
I leaned my 4efte too muc the crank made sound and a piece was broken.
where is exactly a map sensor, left side of the throttle body or the right one?

saad khan

Fresh Recruit
how can i post some pictures plz. thank u