starlet owners with big brake kits, 4 pot or bigger

richglanzav

Member +
hi guys ive got anj ep95 with some WMS 4 pots on them. but im not really that impressed with them might go for some k sports or wilwoods dunno yet.

I just wondered about wheels to use. I currently have black rota slipstreams 15x7 inch and et-40. but ive had to put longer studs and 10mm spacers to accomodate the 4 pot kit which i wanted to avoid truth be told but oh well.

So my question is guys what wheels or what et number will fit the really big kits like wilwoods and 6 pots etc. and would i be right in saying the new extended stud bolts are as tough and strong as the originals? just worried about the integrity of them as im planning on putting near to 300bhp through them and its going to all 4 wheels.

any help would be ace
cheers.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
you should have no need for 6 pots on a starlet man the back wheels will lift off the floor when ya brake lol

lleey2k4

Member +
Im pretty certain the wheels will go before the spacers mate.

An i can't see how the 4 pots aren't upto scratch man.

grum-glanza

Member +
i have 6 pots on my car there from a company xyz and there savage good power with out to much i drove a starlet with 8 pot k-sports and it was the worst experiance of my life you barley tip the pedal and your nearly hitting the windscreen i think the brakes i have are savage but i also had to get spacers 20mm to clear buddy club p1's

_shaun_

Member +
i run wms brakes on mine and i cant fault them. few people have drove it when its been in garage for work and they all commented on how shit hot the brakes were so think id be looking at other brake componets to see if there up to scratch first

AdamB

Member +
If your wheels are 7J wide, you might get a set of brakes under et38 although et35 will deffinatley clear them.

stavros

Member +
I'm running ksport 6 pots; cant fault them at all. I've got inovite (sp?) te37 reps and have no need for spacers or extensions.

lleey2k4

Member +
I bet you haven't even pushed that car yet Rich as its only on the road and you have only got about 10bhp. Come back to us when you got over 200bhp and have done a trackday with braking from over 100mph for slow corners and your outbraking alot nice cars and the brakes just dont fail.

You got some track orientated pads? Where they work better when they are nice an warm and shit on the road?

Keri-WMS

Member +
Just a few points to clarify! :)

WMS is nothing to do with Wilwood, we just compete with them.

The WMS Starlet kits are designed to take more abuse, not fade, and have better feel/control, but without a massive torque increase to the front (this would upset the front/rear bias). To do this the calipers have 4x1.38" pistons......HOWEVER, we do the same caliper with bigger pistons (2x1.62" + 2x1.75" staggered) if you want to increase the front bias.

We also have a 295x26 version of the kit, to upgrade to this spec from 277x25/275x22 you just need the discs/brackets and caliper spacers (to take the wider disc)...and probably 16" wheels.

Hope that helps clear up a few bits!

thefalls

Member +
I have D2 6 pots and i can tell you that its more than enough for the Glanza.

Though,on second thoughts even 4 pots should be enough!