Starlet with Black Top engine

DizzyDragon

Member +
Think i seen an article on this in Banzai a year ago, has anybody seen one about? and info on them?

I'm quite intrigued :)

Shorty

Member +
is shelly star's old starlet that her brother then dropped a blacktop into, jump over to uksc im sure there is a build thread in the rides section was a uk spec ep91 sr in black. :D

wesgt

Lifer
why though?! a 4efte with a few bits done would be livlier. i know its something different but i don't see the point :confused:

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
why though?! a 4efte with a few bits done would be livlier. i know its something different but i don't see the point :confused:

yeah i really dont get it? i think exactly the same as wesgt why not tinker with a 4efte instead of dropping a whole new lump in? spend the cash on a decent turbo set-up much easier and BOOST baby lol!

Seanmcn

Member +
One of the lads out my way is nearly finished puttin the 4age BT in his GT. He wants to turbo it later.

IMO its a bit piontless.

DizzyDragon

Member +
Ye i agree the gains wont be much, but interesting non the less.

I'm sure he had to tilt the block slightly backward too to make it fit?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
if you turbo it then it wont be pointless at all as you'll have 300cc over a 4EFTE.

I think some people need to drive a starlet with a larger engine to understand just how much better the power is throughout. And the drivability. I think a 1.6 turbo in a starlet would be really good. and potential power is much higher.

Seanmcn

Member +
if you turbo it then it wont be pointless at all as you'll have 300cc over a 4EFTE.

I think some people need to drive a starlet with a larger engine to understand just how much better the power is throughout. And the drivability. I think a 1.6 turbo in a starlet would be really good. and potential power is much higher.

Fair point too.....

would the cost justify it??
and would a 5e be a lot easier to do??

I see what ya mean about a larger engine, but 4age isnt massisve,
3SGTE FTW!!! :p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Fair point too.....

would the cost justify it??
and would a 5e be a lot easier to do??

I see what ya mean about a larger engine, but 4age isnt massisve,
3SGTE FTW!!! :p

Thats a good point, 5E i think has enough potential and in my experiences i really like driving 5E starlets. Plenty enough poke low down.

3SGTE is over kill in such a small and light car to be honest :haha: Bit too much torque, Way more then you'll ever need anyway. Im just greedy :p

Seanmcn

Member +
Thats a good point, 5E i think has enough potential and in my experiences i really like driving 5E starlets. Plenty enough poke low down.

3SGTE is over kill in such a small and light car to be honest :haha: Bit too much torque, Way more then you'll ever need anyway. Im just greedy :p

Hahah!!! nice!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Which version 3SGTE do u have??