starting and power problem ??

ep - karlb

Member +
just after rebuilding the Gt but have no power .it pure sluggish through the revs and has no pickup .also the odd time it will struggle to start but it will start after about 10 seconds .what should i check ??timed engine myself im sure that spot on ,i adjusted
dizzy didnt make much difference , no leaks .should i try TPS ,map sensors ??car also cut out on me twice like it was starved of fuel or something ??the management light came on but when started back up it goes out .i wired in a wire to knock sensor cause that was cut .also disconnected battery to reset ecu .using standard ECU .any ideas were to start ???help appreciated

corofin12345

Member +
you should of done a diagnostic test mate when the light came on, the ecu stores codes, just cause the light went off doesnt mean the problem is gone, im sure a diagnostic test will tell you where the problem lies, in fact im 100% sure :)

ep - karlb

Member +
was passing through tuam and out she went so i just wanted ta keep her moving :haha:
Will do and will see what shows up .will report back and see what I get .cheerz

corofin12345

Member +
the codes wont be there if you disconnected the battery to reset the ecu, drive her again untill the light comes on then do the test, if the light comes on it an electrical fault, sensors etc etc, if you were closer id have a look at her, im down in clare

ep - karlb

Member +
i havent disconnected the battery since so the code should be stored , if i cant get her sorted im down in college in limerick so wouldnt
be to out of me way to call out to yeah on way home if cant get her sorted ?

corofin12345

Member +
sure ya, could even have a quick look at her in ennis when your on the way home or whatever, ill pm you my number there

ep - karlb

Member +
sound out corofin

checked for codes today only speedo came up ,going checking her with timing light tomorrow hopefully will find something ,
stop her going like a dogged mf 135 :haha::haha:

funny onion

Member +
i recently messed about with the fueling on my gt, wouldn't pick up, wouldn't boost, cut out a lot, wouldn't tick over etc. but mine was seriously bad, drove it to uni and back on 2/3 cylinders cos i really needed to be there :/ compression tested it and all seems fine and sorted the fuel problem now, sweet as a nut.
is it misfiring? or just sluggish?

ep - karlb

Member +
got timing checked at weekend an it spot on , changed fuel filter and it improved slightly but not much but
discovered the hard way that my kind lead is fewkd .i think this is causing all the problems .will try friends lead at weekend .are the magnecore leads
prone to this ??