starting issues

gmcm

Member +
Right here's the deal, fitted a fuel pressure reg, walbro fuel pump, that got tuned by daztek. Then the next week fitted a blue flame cat back exhaust and an induction kit.
Now, sometimes when starting it takes a few times, just turns over and then starts but the idle is low and might cut out, it also hits fuel cut now! HKS actuator is fitted, and was adjusted before the exhaust and stuff!
Let me know what you lot think!!!:gt-smilie:

Mike D EP82

Member +
iv got sort of the same problem, u might have to readjust the actuator. i set mine up according to the instructions and they were no where near accurate. i wanted 11psi it gave me 20 + so needless to say it hit fuel cut with an almighty explosion from the exhaust. my idle sometimes just isnt there it will sit happily idling away, then i blip the throttle and it doesnt idle at all and sometimes starting it is a problem as well like its flooded??

Rory

Lifer
Glen,
Your starting issue, could be the fact, that the fuel preasure is to high. Get it hooked up to a wideband and see whats what
Your fuel cut is now apparent, as you have fitted the more free flowing exhaust and filter, just re-adjust your actuator to suit.

Aga

Member +
Glen,
Your starting issue, could be the fact, that the fuel preasure is to high.

^ what he said. fuel pressure too high, in conjuntion with the cold start enrichment = a bit too much fuel there

if you 're runnning a ct9, 2.2 bar of fuel press on idle is enough. (even for a k24)