Steering Woolie?

Pixie96

Member +
Well lads just wondering before i spend when i put my foot down to boost the steering goes all wobblely and pulls mostly to left it does need a new tyre on that side but this is worse than a new tyre i was wondering is it the bushes that need changing do ya think or what else could it be?? thanks :D

corofin12345

Member +
hopefully its not the same problem im having.. my steering rack is knackered and cant be fixed... best thing to do is get her tracked and ask them to look for play on the track rod ends.. it maybe just tracking.. get yourself a new tire before you do so.. tracking the front will only cost 20euro

Pixie96

Member +
Yeah i was going to get it tracked anyway should i prob do that first?? if this helps when i take that wheel off the disc you can move left to right very easy?? not alot of movement but there is some there the drivers side there is none... jesus do you have to buy a whole new one?? no its not just power its like iv no control like i dont know were the wheel is pointing? if that makes sence?

ste-glanza

Member +
if the tyre is bad and need changing that could be your only problem, it may sound silly but id even check the pressure in it too before i did anything else!

corofin12345

Member +
god man it sounds like the problem im having tbh.. jack the car up on the bad side (leave on alloy) and check for horizontal movement.. also get urself underneath and look for play at the track rod end ball joint at hub and where it meets the rack also

ste-glanza

Member +
Yeah i feel like a dope now for not thinking it was that ha...

i had it in one of mine before, i thought i had seriously damaged something from a pothole and was thinking how much it would cost me to fix it up but when i flipped off the tyre and got a new one on and the right pressure it was perfect again!

Pixie96

Member +
god man it sounds like the problem im having tbh.. jack the car up on the bad side (leave on alloy) and check for horizontal movement.. also get urself underneath and look for play at the track rod end ball joint at hub and where it meets the rack also

Cool im in work might try do it this evening its annoying me 3rd day driving it first prob already ha