Still, cant start my car! >.<

J25GTi

Lifer
No spark, need help

Hey,

im in the process of stripping everything down fitting new bits etc, but the engine was still running, so i could move it in and out of the garage etc.

Went to start it last night, and it wont start, it just clicks and wont fire into life,

Ive taken the spark plugs out, and there is no spark, It is injecting fuel as i can smell it when i try and turn it over.

The battery was on charge all of last night as i thought it might be that, but no luck.

I have taken out, the cat, the intercooler and piping, bov, and EFI pipe, so it will be running just through the butterfly (its only for moving it in and out of the garage so no chance of over spinning the turbo etc!

Cheers

Jamie

J25GTi

Lifer
Is there any sensors or anything i could have disturbed that would have stopped it from working?

Worked fine the day before, and when i try and start it last night nothing happens = /

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you checked the igniter and ignition coil connectors are properly connected and all wires are still attached?

Run a diagnostic check and see if it gives you any indication as to what the problem is.

J25GTi

Lifer
Ive checked all the HT leads, my king lead is a bit frayed, but it hasnt changed or got worse etc!

What would the clicking be when i try and turn it over?

where is the igniter etc?

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, when i turn the key to get it to start, rather than start it just makes a loud clicking noise like a machine gun,

Then when i take the key out the hazards lights flash at the same frequency as the clicking (constant fast flashing like a machine gun)

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you got an alarm/immobiliser? Have you tried arming and then disarming it?

Texx

Super Moderator
It should be behind the battery somewhere, would normally be mounted on the stock air filter box.

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, just to add to the confusion,

I made my girlfriend sit in the car while i bridged the terminals, it started flashing apparently, but after the 3rd flash, the lights went really dim and turned off...

Looking like a flat battery,

BUT something was making this clicking noise inbehind the dash, So now i have the entire dashboard out :shoot:

I found my toad alarm was making the noise (the control box) like a relay dropping in and out constantly...

So i unplugged it, now im charging my battery again, could this be sticking making the indicators/interior led etc activate and drain the battery?

J25GTi

Lifer
My Ai606 does that when it's about to auto arm.

Ive never heard it do it before, and it flashes the indicators and internal led at the same time.

As the lights went dim my alarm started doing this,

I might just set it on fire, what the hell is wrong with it:shoot:

Texx

Super Moderator
It's probably just playing up because the battery's flat. Get some charge in it and try again mate.

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, i managed to get it to do a diagnostic test, no problems there, just flashed constantly,

Pissed off with this now, as my battery has been on charge for days and it still wont fucking start, what the fuck is wrong with it?

J25GTi

Lifer
My bloody car, STILL wont start, tried a new battery, and no luck, a relay in the fuse box in the engine bay rapidly clicks, and so does the alarm,

This is really starting to wind me up now, it was working fine the other day!

Could i have disconnected anything when removing my exhaust/intercooler?

Im really getting fed up with it now!