stock ignition coil

bumblebee

Member +
hey, i'll like to know if anyone has ugraded their ignition coil as am looking to buy a MSD coil but i dont know where to start..part numbers please

Also, is it really neccessary to upgrade? how good is the stock ignition coil?

Thanks

Chris@CCM

Member +
What fuel are u using ? What ecu ? What hp are you looking for? The stock coil is good up to 350 hp or so tuned a car that made 424hp on race fuel with a stock coil , if ur using a good ecu go for 4ls1 coils or a ing-4

bumblebee

Member +
What fuel are u using ? What ecu ? What hp are you looking for? The stock coil is good up to 350 hp or so tuned a car that made 424hp on race fuel with a stock coil , if ur using a good ecu go for 4ls1 coils or a ing-4

am using pump gas, at the moment car is stock as am gathering parts, was lokin at my bugget and going over some stuff, realised that i only had plug wires to change for my ignition so was really curious as to what the stock ignition coild could handle, a friend of mine is running 2 coils (stock)

Thanks alot

Repped! would have but couldnt (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chris@CCM again.)

bumblebee

Member +
just get the msd blaster ss coil. better than stock. it revs a bit crispier than stock
ok,
do you have the part number? ive also read about needing a Tach adapter to use these

I guess as Chis says the stock coil should be ok but i wont mind gettin the info now for future reference

RGM1800

Member +
simply cut the + and - wires from the existing coil and connect it to the new msd coil.

i dunno if i get your question right for a 4efte set up

i think a full msd ignition system consist of

msd box 6a 6al or other stuff
msd ignition coil
msd high tension wires but very rare.

i think thats it