Switchable screamer pipe?

Qwerty123il

Member +
Hi,
I've been toying with the idea of getting a screamer pipe, but after seeing some people's experience it may get old quickly etc, and then your stuck with it as its fixed to the decat.
Whilst googling I found this topic;
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/fo...witchable-screamerplumb-back-dump-front-pipe/
Where it has been custom fabricated so allow the screamer to be put into a plug/plumbed back meaning it can be switched off. It seems like the perfect solution, but how well would it work?? I'm getting a new decat soon, so I would like an answer ASAP to look at custom work.
Thanks

GT_Irl

Member +
You can get it plumbed back into the decat - ideally passed the lambda bung. It would require some custom fabrication. I have also heard that its a good idea to have a bit of flex in the return pipe as there would be a huge difference in temps across this pipe which could lead to cracks (heating/cooing rates of the materials). I am tinkering with the idea of welding in a large bung into my decat past the lambda bung (near enough to where decat meets exhaust).. with the bung being relatively long and with a lip...also getting a flange made up for the external with a bend in the flange pointing at about 60 degress back towards cat and then having a bit of high temp hosing bewteen the two (to allow flex)

superspat

Member +
i had one of these in the past, i spent countless hours trying to the seal good between the wastgate and turbin, could never get it properly sealed and sounded like a tractor, im now running a external wastegate and screamer pipe, dont think i will ever get board of the noise,
race tech do a screamer de-cat (this is one of them)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race-Tech...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3370114c47
it will proberly work out cheaper to buy 1 already made then paying for some1 to fabricat it as they would need your car and keep putting it on adn taking it of to try and good seal between the wastgate and comp wheel side