tacho problem

G6Turbo

Member +
As many of u know i swapped my 4E-FE 16v engine for a 4E-FTE engine in my corolla from 1997...
Now i still have the problem of not having my tacho meter working!

Its because the ignition on the 4E-FE is different from the 4E-FTE, my 4E-FE was using 1 coil per 2 cilinders soo i had 2 coils.... is this making any sense?

The FTE has a distributor cap and my old FE hadnt. Now the problem is that my rev counter is not working, as in jumping up and down. I dont know what i should do about this problem? I know that the FTE ecu is sending a differnt signal too the rev counter that isnt compatible but i have too know wich signal this is.

does anybody have knowledge about this problem?

kind regards Wesley

weeJohn

Lifer
You know what the problem is mate, you guessed it is to do with the coils.

I have no idea what you need to do to get your tacho working but!!

G6Turbo

Member +
i believe it has to do with the signal that the FTE sends out too my rev meter, i think my rev meter cant compete with that signal but i need to know wich signal the FTE engine gives out too the Tacho

weeJohn

Lifer
The signal is sent out on a wire designated as IG-ve in the 4efte engine.

I would think that it would not be that different from your own G6 engine signal wise, but the fact that you had 2 coils could cause a problem with your tacho.

I dont really know mate sorry.

G6Turbo

Member +
well too bad :), thanks for replying anyway :D. But could somebody tell me what signal is sended out from the igniter too the tacho meter??