Tapping/clicking noise from injector area

cooz93

Member +
So, the car has developed a clicking/tapping noise from the injector area, i noticed it after swapping the JAM ecu I had in the car, to standard, the injectors are standard..so should be okay. I'm thinking it's cause it has a decat etc etc. current spec is ct9 hyrd, front mount intercooler and air filter, trd IC's, full blitz nur spec r system and a decat. Car runs and idles okay. Dunno if the fueling is okay cause I don't have anything to check that!

Any ideas what it could be? Dont want the car to blow up when I sell it on!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
mine changed, when i upped the boost/adjusted fueling, was told it was injectors workin harder but was not an issue. but that was mine lol

AdamB

Member +
My injectors are pretty noisy at idle, i'm running the same setup as you but don't have an ecu.

cooz93

Member +
So I should be okay?
I dont want to go sell a car, then it blows up cause of this problem. It's only running 0.8 bar boost so nothing crazy. Just thought it was a little weird!

Paul_JJ

Member +
So I should be okay?
I dont want to go sell a car, then it blows up cause of this problem. It's only running 0.8 bar boost so nothing crazy. Just thought it was a little weird!

All starlet injectors got some noise. There is nothing to worry about.

SupaStu

Member +
The idle air control valve clicks and taps, can be easily mistaken for injectors. At the end of the air inlet mani.