TD04 Boost problems

waltermotorsport

Fresh Recruit
Hi all,

Recently went TD04 with a full WEPR kit on external gate, had it all set-up by Mike at Monster Motorsport then the turbo seals went on my TD04L so replaced it and got a garage to spin the turbo for me (didnt have big enough circlip pliers lol) fitted it all back together went for a drive ran mint no smoke pulled as it should. Then came to use her the next day and no boost at all! took the filter off and it spins too easy as if it wasnt connected to the exhaust side, my mate said he had this problem on his charade (hes running TD04L) he said that the nut had come loose on the filter side of the fan and if i take the decat off and put a socket either side it should tighten up, it went a full turn but wasnt loose by any standards! Put it all back together started her up still nothing! Left the filter off while running and the fan doesnt spin at all when on idle! Car still idles fine so i thought this might rule out a vac leak.

Any Ideas??

Thanks Brett!

if using the ex wastegate i assume the internal one was welded shut, maybe the weld has broken and the flap isnt closed,
just a thought.

pig666eon

Member +
i would have to agree with garry unless there is a serious leak somewhere but its unlikely i would check that first

waltermotorsport

Fresh Recruit
ye the wastegate was welded shut and still is, if I pull the vac pipe off the turbo and put it back on again it spins the turbo on idle for around 10secs then it stops spinning :confused: ive took it off to see if there was anything obvious wrong but ive well and truely run out of ideas lol might try another TD04L see what happens then!