td04 safe boost on stock internals w/ 92 octane fuel

A172

Member +
Happy New Year to all

As the topic states, I would like to know if 14-15psi from a td04L-13G is safe to run on 92-95 octane pump gas as a daily driver on stock internals

95 octane is the best fuel we get at the pumps here and that in itself is questionable

ALL breathing, fueling, exhaust and management mods are up to mark.

Thx for any info.

ginge

Fresh Recruit
wel im running 0.8 bar mate n av just bent my mainshaft in ma gearbox bt engine loving it

ginge

Fresh Recruit
erm u can run more than one bar i du it wen am drag raceing and a run 115 octain dwn the strip

dac69er

Super Moderator
will need to be checked for any knocking. what management do you use?

take it to a tuner if you can and get them to check for any knocking. you may need to run reduced ignition advance and possibly add extra fuel to compensate. will knock the performance but will save the engine.

you may be better off running lower boost if the knock is too extreme!?

A172

Member +
will need to be checked for any knocking. what management do you use?

take it to a tuner if you can and get them to check for any knocking. you may need to run reduced ignition advance and possibly add extra fuel to compensate. will knock the performance but will save the engine.

you may be better off running lower boost if the knock is too extreme!?

got an emanage blue

I already have it tuned for 12psi low boost and 14psi high on our pump gas....no knock on either counts....afr's in the 10's and pulling clean

I use the 12psi for everyday driving since I went td04, no problems thus far

I'm just wondering if I can run the 1bar all the time with the 95 octane.

ramses974

Member +
depends how you drive..if you like driving like a dual contest with oters cars ...you will blew something ..but if you are quiet you can be very long wit this set up
in my island there are a lot of mountains and it is impossible to be quiet..always pull the td04 at full boost...:drive::drive: