Td04 water lines put hole in radiator

durmz

Member +
I fitted a td04 kit to a mates car last week with speedvision oil and water lines, all seemed fine. Tonight he's rung me saying the water lines have rubbed against the radiator and have a put a hole in it. Does this sound right/possible?

He's going to buy a civic rad now anyway and doesnt blame me or nothing but wondered if anyone else has had this before??

turboloon

Member +
if the lines were rubbing/touching it could br possible due to rubbing...does the the td04 have much clearence from the rad...?

Rory

Lifer
Did you not make sure they were not rubbing when fitted?
Ive never had that issue though as i dont run water lines.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ive had lines rub through coolant pipes, but never an actual rad. i assume these lines are braided aswell? im sure it would have been noticeable when fitted if anything was touching somethng

dont the td04 kits foul the standard rad anyway?

Rob H

Member +
I had a s/s braided pipe rub a hole in my intercooler end tank on my old set up but it wont happen this time! I wont be using it!

durmz

Member +
Did you not make sure they were not rubbing when fitted?
Ive never had that issue though as i dont run water lines.

No I didnt, a cock up for sure. I did say he didnt need to run water lines but he was pretty adament on using them. I honestly wouldnt have thought theyd have done any damage.

Yeah there braided and the td04 kit cleared the rad just fine, didnt use te speedvision mani or downpipe, just that toyosports kit for cheap

durmz

Member +
When fitting the civic rad ile be sure theres nothing touching and will put some protection over the lines I think.