tempature gauge help please.

ok basically since i fitted the 4efte into my starlet sportif the tempature gauge hasnt worked. tomorrow im changing the thermostat but i need to know wether the tempature sender is faulty? how could i test the gauge to see if its a short or the senders nackered?

also which one is the tempature gauge sender? and what are the others?

Image482.jpg

thanks Dean

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Did you change the thermostat today mate? Did it have any change? 1st place to start. My dash temp gauge never went up until i changed the thermostat....

speedfreaq

Member +
in the pic posted:

on the thermostat housing with the three sensors

the large double wire green sensor is the water temp sensor for the ecu
the small single wire sensor below that is the temp gauge sensor
the other large single wire sensor i don't know

to test if the temp gauge is working you can ground the wire on the engine block and the temp. gauge on the dash should go all the way to full hot

the green single wire sensor on the thermostat cover is the fan switch.

Did you change the thermostat today mate? Did it have any change? 1st place to start. My dash temp gauge never went up until i changed the thermostat....

i ordered it today should be here tomorrow, head should be back from pressure testing tmoz along with a skim.... so should be built y wednesday night. thanks for the info

in the pic posted:

on the thermostat housing with the three sensors

the large double wire green sensor is the water temp sensor for the ecu
the small single wire sensor below that is the temp gauge sensor
the other large single wire sensor i don't know

to test if the temp gauge is working you can ground the wire on the engine block and the temp. gauge on the dash should go all the way to full hot

the green single wire sensor on the thermostat cover is the fan switch.

thats great help cheers i will try grounding it on the block, hopefully the new thermostat might make a difference?

thanks Dean