test drive question

callumGT

Member +
I'm selling my other car and it isnt taxed but the lad who is buying it want to take it out again can i get in sh*t if he ges stopped about it?

Ted

Member +
he will only be insured if he is fully comp and even then will be driving third party. any points accrued will only be his if you can prove he was driving. depends on if you trust him

callumGT

Member +
just me dads a bit wary because i will have aloowed him to drive it knowing it wasnt tax'ed or insured
as im not insured on it anymore and its declared as SORN

Ted

Member +
if its sorned dont let anyone drive it for fuck sake. big fine plus they take your car.:(

littletodd18

Member +
I'm selling my other car and it isnt taxed but the lad who is buying it want to take it out again can i get in sh*t if he ges stopped about it?

If he proves he's insured to drive other cars i would let him, driving with no tax is not an offence that warrants penalty points, only a fine.

They say they take your car and crush it but that's only if you really are taking the p*ss. In this particular circumstance i can't see them giving out a fine.

lingl9z

Member +
Inless the person buying it has trade plates it won't really work since someone's only insured third party on your car if the cars still insured by you (which many people seem to over look) so he'd be driving with no tax/insurance and in somecases they'll say MOT as neithers apparently valid without the others. so steer clear of that mate.