testing emissions on a 1993 starlet turbo

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ok just need to ask to be sure when going for an nct here in Ireland with a starlet gt thats 1993 do they just do an idiot test for emissions can any one comfirm this for me ?:)

ye 93 and older my 90 starbo passed with mines ecu running rich and no cat think the max co is 3.5 there wud wana be something seriously wrong wit it to fail

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ye 93 and older my 90 starbo passed with mines ecu running rich and no cat think the max co is 3.5 there wud wana be something seriously wrong wit it to fail

so the 93 ones just do an idiol test for co they dont test for lambda readings then im i right?

Last edited:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
just need some more lads to comfirm this also did the 93 models come with no cat conveter from factory:confused:

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
we been through this before lads they do basic emissions test because there is no uk equivalent to the starlet and starlets aint on their system a lorry can pass a basic emissions test my starlet went straight through its mot no problem with a decat on it

kellygt

Member +
The Irish Starlet didnt have a catalytic convertor so therefore you dont need to have a cat in to pass the nct and as the Starlet Gt turbo wasnt officially imported into Ireland it isnt recognised at the nct

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Just to clear this up England mot is a pics of piss compared tp the Irish nct .I'm asking here if the 93 model starlet turbo go through nct emission test with just an idol test not like the 94 ones were they rev the car up to 2500rpm to test emission simple question

jpglanza

Fresh Recruit
simple question , simple answer. a car with 93 or before on its reg plate is tested on idle only for hc's and co , not lambda. a car with 94 or after is tested on high and low idle.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
simple question , simple answer. a car with 93 or before on its reg plate is tested on idle only for hc's and co , not lambda. a car with 94 or after is tested on high and low idle.

good man thats all in need to know repped

billybob

Untrusted Seller
capturezep.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
:)