the best TD04

G6Turbo

Member +
What is the best possible or most common used TD04 turbo? I have heard there are a good bunch of differt one's....

I can get a stadard TD04 from a MY '00 with about 70 000 km on it for about 110 GBP.
Is this a good buy or is a TD04L a better one?

help me out TD04 experts :D

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
The most common used is a TD04L 13g off a subaru WRX mate, mines off a 05plate WRX which had 6k miles on it, aim for a TD04L 13g and you will be fine.

azerty

Supermoderator
the impreza WRX turbo is a td04L 15G
the lancer GSR Auto is td04l 13g
they don't share same flanges

the most comonly used on starbo is the one from WRX

now the better one is the one that fits your application. Did you mean the most powerfull one ?
probably the greddy TD04H then. Don't know in fact. We need a mitsi turbo expert !

Last edited:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
the impreza WRX turbo is a td04L 15G
the lancer GSR Auto is td04l 13g
they don't share same flanges

the most comonly used on starbo is the one from WRX

now the better one is the one that fits your application. Did you mean the most powerfull one ?
probably the greddy TD04H then. Don't know in fact. We need a mitsi turbo expert !
Greddy also make a TD04 11b? which is a in between a normal TD04 and a CT9 size theres so many different models out there.

G6Turbo

Member +
i ment the normally used on the starbo, so that would be the wrx turbo :)

I am going too get me a good TD04 and make myself a manifold, its my new project :)

dont know the exact model code, but i only know its from a subaru impreza GTT from 2000 so i dont know if its a good one?

i reckon it wil, cause the bolt parttren is the same i think

i think u should take azerty's advice.....and decide what u want...power, response, etc and choose wisely

and also becareful with those flanges....i can assure u all are not the same...take a search on google/ebay....and u will see pics...lok for greddy, look for td04l...look for mitsubishi td04........and see for yourself

G6Turbo

Member +
hmm ur right, the mithsu and the sub are differnt flanges indeed, and i have already disided :), i have a TD04L from a WRX ;)

hmm ur right, the mithsu and the sub are differnt flanges indeed, and i have already disided :), i have a TD04L from a WRX ;)

and then i think the greddy ones have different flanges also...closer to the gt series from the looks of things

glad u decided what u want

Phil

Super Moderator
could anyone give me a description of a td04 16g? is it bigger than the 11b 13g 15g??

im confused!!

and ive tried searching for that post by goldenvtr, explaining all the various turbos, anyone subscibed to that thread and could quickly throw it up?

cheers
Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
yes mate cheers, thanks

i WILL read that again in the morning. lol

any other details of the 16g appreciated.

Phil

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
are the Greddy TD04-11b any good?

hks had rated them at 220ps... so just like ur average hybrid imho..

i dunno y ppl say the td04-11b is a greddy kit.. ITS NOT... its an hks kit & it was not originally for the 4e-fte but for the 3e-telu.. :) so in terms of a power upgrade it was for the ep71 which shares the same manifold as the 4e (more or less)

kon