"The Bitch" - Mk3 (Quad light) EP82 - Spares or Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkfish

Member +
For sale: Time for The Bitch to move on, I need the driveway space/money.

Item Condition: Headgasket failed. She started and ran for a few minutes the other week when I had to move her to next doors driveway, although I don't know how far she'd drive. If topped up with water and driven sensibly, she'd probably be ok, although buyers with access to a trailer would be advised to trailer her away. I haven't got the heart or the cash to fix her. :(

Price and price conditions: £1800, no offers.

Extra Info:
-Full specs and a small diary are found on my Members Garage
- Bodywork in decent condition. There is a touch of surface rust under the rear lights at the panel joins and the bonnet has holes in it from the fitment of bonnet pins by the previous owner. The front bumper has some stone chips and there are a few car park dings here and there. She does polish up nicely though.
- Front tyres have plenty of tread, rears are near limits.

Tax 31/08/09
MOT 18th Mar 2010

Pictures:
DSC_7940.jpg

DSC_7952.jpg

DSC_7946.jpg

DSC_7953.jpg

More recent pictures (Taken a few months back) can be downloaded here...
http://m0nkfish.co.uk/Starlet.zip

Contact Details:
PM or email to Mikey monkfish at hotmail.co.uk.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:
Pickup only.

GTWorld

Member +
Shame i dont have the money i wanted to buy one that was damaged to bring back to life as i wrote mine off.. felt bad scraping a GT

Monkfish

Member +
So you had it rebuilt then the head gasket went?
No, I had the headgasket replaced as the car had overheated and blown it. The garage that did the headgasket didn't skim the head so, through a session on track and regular road driving, the gasket has blown again.

Shame i dont have the money i wanted to buy one that was damaged to bring back to life as i wrote mine off.. felt bad scraping a GT
That's a shame. I did consider breaking this one, but decided against it as it's going to be a pain in the arse and I don't really want to see her pulled apart.

Monkfish

Member +
What condition was the replacement turbo in when fitted?
The CT9b? It seemed to be in good condition, but it shit itself about a month after fitting in. The original CT9a is back on now. I can't remember what the shaft play, if any, was like. I think the oil seals could do with replacing but it's nothing major.

GTWorld

Member +
Only a 1.2 8v mtv version as i crashed my GT Thought i would get a sensable car that cant drive mad lol.....

But missing the GT and the Turbo!!!!

Monkfish

Member +
Ahh, I was going to suggest a swap if you had an RSi or Williams, but I've already got a 1.2 8v :haha:.

lingl9z

Member +
blegh if this doesn't sell and your interested in a 1.8 16v clio (same shape as the williams - before the RSI came out) and faster as the rsi is only 8v iirc let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.