***The Clutch Thread***

ChrisW

Lifer
Hello all,

I realise that there are one or two similar threads knocking about like this but I thought we could maybe kill 4 or 5 birds with one stone so to speak.

Ive noticed that there's been a lot of people wanting to know about uprated clutches recently (main culprit being me :p!), so it may be helpful to both old and new members to list what clutches we are all using. i.e.

Make/Model: Exedy Paddle

Price: £350ish

BHP/Torque figure: 180bhp / 170lbs/ft

Driveability: Poor in traffic, very stiff underfoot, very good etc etc...

Holding of boost: Excellent, crap above 4000rpm etc.

Just thought this may prove helpful to a lot of people, especially newbie's like me in need of a new cluch!

Please contribute if you feel the need!!! :)

Last edited:

Chachito

Member +
CAP Clutch......

Does anyone can give a review of the 4paddle cap clutch?

Like how does it ride how long do you got it would you buy one again?

Cheers

:rockon:

Chachito

Member +
But still does any one have experience with the capclutch like a review of it like I said before.

How long does it last?
Would you use it again?

Stuff like that

Cheers

:gt-smilie:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
You can customise the CAP clutches so there are quite a few varients. We will be running one that's rated up to 400ft/lb which you can't buy off the shelf. There are quite a few lads running them in the States on 5e's pushing upwards of 350@ wheels. There is a limted choice of 5e clutches so there was little else to choose from..

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
@ Ricky - That will just be the orgainc plate and won't be much over stock. Exedy retail is £299.00 for the true organic kit and an authorised dealer wouldn't be able to do it for much less as the margins are small..

T

sx_turbo

Lifer
@ Ricky - That will just be the orgainc plate and won't be much over stock. Exedy retail is £299.00 for the true organic kit and an authorised dealer wouldn't be able to do it for much less as the margins are small..

T

possibly

ChrisW

Lifer
I understand that it's very dodgy when buying clutches off ebay.co.uk because all recognised exedy distributors are not allowed to sell them on there, hence they are often phonies!

The one's in America however are allowed to distribute via ebay and this particualr seller has a pretty impressive feedback rating and is an official exedy distributor.

danturbo4311

Member +
Make/Model: CAP 4 paddle clutch of speedvision sprung disc

Price: £220 inc del, in group buy (229 with paypal fee)

BHP/Torque figure: kit is suited to 250 280 bhp, yet to get my car rr so dont no what i am running but i am running 15psi on ct9 with quite a few mods

Driveability: Can be a bit juddery when in traffic but then again i have just installed new TRD mounts, its not stiff, just feels like a normal clutch really

Holding of boost: Very good i have been running it for a few months now and had no problems (apart from breaking my mounts but they needed replacing before the clutch was fitted). Just need to try and control the wheel spin now.

Also dont waste your time with those ebay clutches mate i had an organic racing cluthch (apparently) made by techniclutch, from ebay lasted me 2 months