The Joys of Selling

Craig

Lifer
Well it came to the point where I really needed to sell my MK6 Fiesta, It only had 28k on the clock and had no luck with private sales. Off to the garage I went and had no choice but to accept £2300 after much haggling. Very cheap I know, but all garages were offering the same. I know they have to allow for profit margins and touching up paint work etc, but I went past a few hours late and there it was, sitting at £3995! Why do they have to be such money grabbing bast*rds!?!?! Could have atleast offered me £2700 and made a grand or so profit! :flame:

Sorry about this, just needed a rant! Anyone else been done over in such a manner?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
funny subject....

i had a vtr saxo a few years back and i sold it to a garage as i could not sell the car for love nor money!!!

i got £2800 for it and saw it for sale the next week for £3999..... they ar wankers............

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I know it is SH*T but they aint a charity store they are there to run a business at the end of the day they are trying to get it for as cheap as they can in order to maximise profits. Wouldnt you want to do the same if you owned that type of business.

I understand it is a SHitt*r but hey gotta understand there position too. Its a 50/50

gv1.3

Admin
it is a pain in the arse but I guess they have to pay their overheads then they are likely going to have to haggle with someone and drop a few hundred quid so they bump the price up a fair bit.

Private sale is the only way to go but sometimes it can be tough to shift so you have to be prepared to play the waiting game.