The story of the RX7... gone but not forgotten... no wait, ITS ALIVE!

milloman

Member +
Ok i've mentioned a couple of times now about my RX7 and thought i'd share my recent experience i had with it!

The lowdown is that i bought it early this year, then 2 months later crashed it and wrote it off (wasn't that badly damaged but Mazda was unwilling to help out repairing it and quoted £00,000's to fix it!). Anyway, so April i wave goodbye to it, here she is...

rex1.jpg

Here next to my first glanza :D

rex2.jpg

Anyway, so i thought that was the last i'd ever hear of it... I logged onto my MySpace the other day for the first time in yonks, and had a message from a guy in Poland... He has my RX7!!! At first i didn't believe him, until he sent me these pictures...

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I can't believe it!! i've been talking to the guy, it's not road legal in poland (RHD's are banned on the roads out there!) so he's going to fix it up and use it for drifting!!! Like... 7 months after it all happened!! Oh PS, i removed things before sending it away, like the diffuser for one noticeable thing!

I've a couple of vids on my facebook of it if u want to see it in a bit of action!

EDIT: I'm still very emotional about losing her :( :( i thought i'd share this with you all, but i'm glad she's gone to a good home!

Last edited:

milloman

Member +
That damage to the front bumper wasn't done in the crash, it was done by them removing it from the bushes/mini trees! :( Heart breaking sound when they pulled it out of there :( trees saved my life though so i'm grateful - its stil standing today, albeit wonky!

Kelly

Member +
Awwww least you've owned one matey! i've yet to get my hands on one :D

And your here to tell the tale :D

gedis

Member +
yes we have alot rhd cars going to my coutry(lithuania) as well thei are banned since 1991 in there but thei change the steering, or use it for parts or fix them and bring them back then

milloman

Member +
Yeah i'm eternally grateful - and i didn't get charged by the council for felling their tree - this is rare in MK apparently!

I've spotted a triple rotor one on PH, 600bhp @ 0.85bar, yummmmmmm, time for an upgrade? OH sorry, DOWNgrade... (rep rep rep!! lol :D )

ChrisGT

Member +
I love Rex's mate and that looks awesome. Get this I'm 20yrs old, 3NCB I got a quote for a turbo import off Elephant, £1500 fully comp. Not too bad, just a shame I couldn't afford to run the bastard! lol

3 ROTOR = LUSH. Barp barp barp barrrrp baarrp!

Kelly

Member +
Yeah i'm eternally grateful - and i didn't get charged by the council for felling their tree - this is rare in MK apparently!

I've spotted a triple rotor one on PH, 600bhp @ 0.85bar, yummmmmmm, time for an upgrade? OH sorry, DOWNgrade... (rep rep rep!! lol :D )

noooo the kawasaki green one? thats mineeeeee keep off!

dantheman

Member +
so what, did your insurance take the car and sell it or did you sell it?? at least its ganna get some use still :)

milloman

Member +
I love Rex's mate and that looks awesome. Get this I'm 20yrs old, 3NCB I got a quote for a turbo import off Elephant, £1500 fully comp. Not too bad, just a shame I couldn't afford to run the bastard! lol

3 ROTOR = LUSH. Barp barp barp barrrrp baarrp!

Mate - dont ask how because i dont know, i was 20, 1 years NCB no accidents, the insurance was £1000 fully compo for the year! i asked no questions and said yes please!

Running costs... just to give u an idea, £75 to fill the tank... got me 180 miles on a good week!

Just gonna pay homage to the wankel engine tho - 3 moving parts, reliable as hell :rockon: ... and don't anyone mention the magic 60,000 miles and piss on my fire! lol

milloman

Member +
so what, did your insurance take the car and sell it or did you sell it?? at least its ganna get some use still :)

Insurance company took it and auctioned it, i argued a nice settlement ;-)

GET THIS... the Polish dude?? paid all of £800 for the car, and delivery to poland!! :-O anyone have ANY idea what bhp single turbo RX7's push out! For £800, all he has to do is drop that engine into a shell! (dont want to mention the power figure mine was just in case...)

milloman

Member +
How did he manage to get in contact with you?

Random as hell (this is why i thought originally he was lying or had it mixed up!)... he saw my video of it on MySpace, must've been searching 'RX7' on there or something and just mesaged me!

lanxter

Member +
a little bit off topic but what are RX7's like to run fuel and service wise?
always fancied one but been told there megga expensive to keep running?

Timmy

Member +
15mpg, oil change every 2500miles constantly topping it up too. The gauge cluster always fail.
You really should have an apexi ecu.
If you start modifiying it you will almost certainly need larger injectors.
Engine rebuild if it happens which it always does. £3000 upto £5000 depending on how it went.