Toad Alarm, how to disable the Auto door LOCK/UNLOCK function???

Paul_JJ

Member +
I have a CAT1 toad alarm, I know the passcode for it! I used to have an auto door lock when the engine starts and door unlock when it's off!

BUT, because I have a turbo timer I asked my dealer (some time ago) to disable it, and he turned it off, now the doors don't lock when the engine starts, but no matter what they STILL open when the engine goes off!

I want to disable that function and/or if possible make it auto LOCK when the engine goes off, so when the turbo timer will finish the door will LOCK automatically, I don't care if the the alarm will be off, I want the doors to be shut -)))

Reps. given as usual!

Thank you!

nazzurro19

Member +
yeah snap it does my head in two i turn the engine off but the passanger door side still stays locked then wi have to wait around for the turbo timer to go off bfore i can lock my car, id prefer it lock so i can just walk away from the car

bullet

Member +
Ive got the same problem aswell. Im stripping my car to be as light as possible so the central locking is going anyway

Paul_JJ

Member +
Ok guys! I was given a phone number of a Pro Alarm Installer!

Who wants to speak to him? The person has to be very polite, have a passcode for the Alarm and be in the vehicle at the time of a call. The reason I don't call myself is because I'm not English and some people find my accent pretty bad (especially over the phone), so I don't want to ruin such an opportunity!

Please PM me and I will Pm his phone number! If he would help, PLEASE write everything DOWN and put it on the forum for everyone!

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm sure it's only the auto lock function that can be disabled, I don't think the auto unlock feature can be changed.

I've got an Ai606 installation PDF here somewhere which has the programmable functions listed if it's of any use?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I'm sure it's only the auto lock function that can be disabled, I don't think the auto unlock feature can be changed.

I've got an Ai606 installation PDF here somewhere which has the programmable functions listed if it's of any use?

My mate's starlet has this function turned off, the doors wouldn't open/shut, they would be open all the time! But even that is ok, because with a turbo timer I can shut the doors manually and leave the car - for example if I go shopping, not overnight of course!

In my case it will open when the engine is off - which is partially a function for the Auto Lock as they were supposed to be shut!

But I was thinking if it DOES lock the door when the engine starts and such function exist, why we can't LOCK the door when the engine is OFF?

Texx

Super Moderator
The only relevant programmable functions I can see listed are 'Auto Re-Locking On/Off' and 'Lock with Ignition Key On/Off'.

Texx

Super Moderator
I think the auto re-locking function is where the alarm will automatically re-lock the car if the alarm is disarmed but a door isn't opened within 30 seconds or so.

Paul_JJ

Member +
I think the auto re-locking function is where the alarm will automatically re-lock the car if the alarm is disarmed but a door isn't opened within 30 seconds or so.

'Lock with Ignition Key On/Off'. - How do I turn it off? If this function exist then Lock should be possible!

Texx

Super Moderator
'Lock with Ignition Key On/Off'. - How do I turn it off? If this function exist then Lock should be possible!

ai606program.png

Ryan5793

Member +
i want my doors to auto lock as my dads car does it but mine don't and its the same alarm, that above looks quite complicated for me so i will stick with it so i don't mess my alarm up lol :)

weeJohn

Lifer
Will the alarm arm itself if the engine is running? Its a problem with turbo timers and alarms that has came up before, not all alarms are compatable with them.

The door opening thing when the engine cuts out is a safety feature, in case of an accident the doors are not locked to allow entry from outside.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Will the alarm arm itself if the engine is running? Its a problem with turbo timers and alarms that has came up before, not all alarms are compatable with them.

The door opening thing when the engine cuts out is a safety feature, in case of an accident the doors are not locked to allow entry from outside.

No it won't arm - it has been switched off!

However if the engine cuts out the doors will open - and I don't want that as I cant use a turbo timer! In case of accident there won't be any DC power in the system and the doors will not open automatically! But it doesn't matter on Starlets the doors will open manually even if they're shut and have no DC power!

Also this is not a standard feature I know a few people with the same Alarm even the same car and their doors don't open when the engine cuts off!!!

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
No it won't arm - it has been switched off!

Sorry lad I re read your first post, you dont want the alarm on just the doors locked, my mistake.

But it doesn't matter on Starlets the doors will open manually even if they're shut and have no DC power!

Are you sure you can open a locked Starlet door from outside when there is no battery power? Surely Toyota might have thought against that to stop them getting stolen??? You can open a locked door from inside with the handle, but not from outside, unless you use the key in the lock, no matter how many volts are running through the system. If you dont want the alarm to mess with the doors, cut the wire that goes to the alarm from the door lock wiring loom andf then it wont affect it.

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Sorry lad I re read your first post, you dont want the alarm on just the doors locked, my mistake.

Are you sure you can open a locked Starlet door from outside when there is no battery power? Surely Toyota might have thought against that to stop them getting stolen??? You can open a locked door from inside with the handle, but not from outside, unless you use the key in the lock, no matter how many volts are running through the system. If you dont want the alarm to mess with the doors, cut the wire that goes to the alarm from the door lock wiring loom andf then it wont affect it.

I'm positive that you can open the door with no battery connected both inside and outside with the key - you can try it yourself! The central locking won't work but you will open just 1 door!

If I cut the wire - I will lose the comfort of opening and closing the doors remotely... That is the main feature for me to have an alarm in the car to be honest!

The fact IS - it doesn't open/close the doors by default on SOME cars with the SAME alarm - so it can be switched off/on for sure!!!