Track Vids GTti / KP61 (Classic Japan)

weakboy2

Member +
look after it squire, engines are hard to find these days ;)

if you need any bits i have a few spare shells in my lockup :D

GTti

Member +
How many are actually floating around in Ireland, they must only be a handful over there?

weakboy2

Member +
luke, who is tim?? i dont think i have ever heard of his car at all? i cant really watch the vids as i am on the works store computer that is about 300mhz LOL.

GTti

Member +
He's LO UFO on daihard.

I think his car is just intercooler, 20psi OE turbo, Microtech and LSD.

It's always been my dilemma, Twstd's (Al's) car takes off at about 4600RPM which is a little on the laggy side, where as Tim must be 1,000RPM lower.

I think I'll slot inbetween the two somewhere. You can really see the difference out of the corners and midrange, more useable power and torque, easier to drive.

LSD obviously makes it all possible!

Decep82

Member +
How many are actually floating around in Ireland, they must only be a handful over there?

i have never seen a gtti in ireland , infact i have only seen about 3 charades ever and they were only the normal ones , ive been told there is only about 5 in the country , the 1 im buyin is comin from england

GTti

Member +
Ahh, they really are addictive, like the Starlet.

They are just high maintenance in terms of bodywork and age. So long as it's been well treated and sensible modifications the engines are usually very tough.

To be honest, other than at an event, I've only ever seen about 4 or 5 in the last 9 years since I went in my first one!