tuning developments high flow fuel pump?

lloyd94

Fresh Recruit
Hey,was thinkin of getting the tuning developments pump, cos ther supposed to run quieter,iv been advised that the walbro is a better pump, what are ur opinions? Has anyone got one fitted and how is it doin for them? Thanks

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
From previous expierence you can't beat the Walbro ones, Saying that i removed my uprated one as i just didn't need it, When i got the AFR checked it was causing me to run very rich during most of the rev range, So my advice to you is if you are not running over 200bhp or have a knackered fuel pump spend the money on something else.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
From previous expierence you can't beat the Walbro ones, Saying that i removed my uprated one as i just didn't need it, When i got the AFR checked it was causing me to run very rich during most of the rev range, So my advice to you is if you are not running over 200bhp or have a knackered fuel pump spend the money on something else.

Good advice there.

I've had one Walbro start to fail on me in the last year, car leaned way out, changed pump and she was grand. Nothings bomb proof.

What power you aiming for? Walbros top out around 500hp.

sx_turbo

Lifer
td pumps are fine,

i fitted 1 or 2 for people and had no issues, and run quieter than the walbro ones, still going after a couple of years.