turbo oil feed gasket

iamrab

Member +
hi lads

just a quick one,what way does this fit ? sounds like a stupid question tho i wanna make sure its done right .

cheers
rab

Jay

Admin
With the small feed hole to the front Robert. Don't use any sealer on it as that can block the oil feed to the turbo (which is bad).

misc032.jpg

Old versus new:

misc030.jpg

iamrab

Member +
i know the smaller hole to the front lol im not that bad ha ha

what i mean is ,is there a certain way for the gasket to be upside or down side if that makes sence? cos one side is a "ridge" and the other side has an "indentation" ....:confused:

Jay

Admin
Trust me. I've seen boys removing the dashboard with a pitchfork. You may not be simple but the next boy to read the post could be lol. ;)

I've never noticed any problems either side up but I usually fit them with the groove on the top. (Like the one on right in that pic). Not sure if that is correct but I haven't seen any hassle so far mate.

iamrab

Member +
Trust me. I've seen boys removing the dashboard with a pitchfork. You may not be simple but the next boy to read the post could be lol. ;)

I've never noticed any problems either side up but I usually fit them with the groove on the top. (Like the one on right in that pic). Not sure if that is correct but I haven't seen any hassle so far mate.

ha ha ha very good lol yes i know what your saying alright ive seen some butchery in my time also that would make ya never buy a 2nd hand car again lol :freddy:

right thats cool just wacked it in with the groove at the top too and seems ok the it took me about 6 years to get the oil feel pipe back on ...what a wee bustard!!!! plus it was -468 in my garage which didnt help things either