turbo timer/alarm issues....

muley_69

Fresh Recruit
hi there iv been reading a few threads on this topis and cant find the answer to my question hense new topic, was wondering if anyone knows how to find out if your alarm/ imobiliser will work with a turbo timer before actually buying one. i'd like to get a HKS turbo timer but im not sure im gonna bother if im gonna have to wire up relays to make it work with my alarm system. iv got a cobra 7928/26/HF ALARM/IMOBILISER, any one tried fitting a turbo timer with this alarm? or know weather it will be a simple job ? Im sure someone knows the answer, cheers guys.

sx_turbo

Lifer
if its a thatcham cat 1 it wont work with your turbo timer, because of the anti hijack feature.

if you go for a basic thatcham cat 2 alarm/immobiliser it should work.

Sharagath

Member +
it is because your alarm arms itself immediately and watches every input on non normal operation.
a turbo timer puts a voltage on the ignition, this is a trigger for the alarm there is a not normal situation, hijacking.

some types of alarms you can tell to arm itself fully after a preset time.

my alarm arms itself fully after 60 seconds, it locks the doors and activates its security zones but the engine triggers are hold off for 60seconds. after that most TT are shutdown and the alarm can secure itself.

muley_69

Fresh Recruit
i get ya

i see, cheers guys i have a cat 1 alarm and have read the thread on how to get around it but not sure if im gonna attempt doing it, sounds complicated. cheers