Turbo timer issue

Is there any difference between an automatic ignition system and a manual one? im pretty sure there is just want someone to confirm this the reason im asking is i need a harness for a turbo timer(3 pin type) and was wondering where could i get this?

Jay

Admin
I tired fitting the turbo timer from a manual GT into my automatic GT last year. It refused to hold the ignition on for some reason. Probably something to do with the autobox wiring.

Try before you buy if possible mate.

thomllee1981

Member +
guess i was lucky then!
got mine pot luck off a local guy who imports cars 1 at a time but removes there turbotimers and harnesses i just wacked it straight in and it worked!

dac69er

Super Moderator
some have a wire that goes onto something for the auto box, not sure exactly though as not looked into it.

also, could be the switching wires are the other way round on an auto ignition barrel?

guess i was lucky then!
got mine pot luck off a local guy who imports cars 1 at a time but removes there turbotimers and harnesses i just wacked it straight in and it worked!

It must have came off an auto starlet ? also is the connector for the auto ignition different than the manual one?(as thats where i imagine the problem will be.

some have a wire that goes onto something for the auto box, not sure exactly though as not looked into it.

also, could be the switching wires are the other way round on an auto ignition barrel?

Maybe but i would of thought that it didnt matter which was it was switched, as the turbo timer should keep the switch closed if you get what i mean. Im thinken there must be a differnt harness available for the auto's.

thomllee1981

Member +
It must have came off an auto starlet ? also is the connector for the auto ignition different than the manual one?(as thats where i imagine the problem will be.

nope it came off another toyota all together guy couldnt remember what though! just basically extends what is all ready there allowing you to splice into the wires without cutting your original harness cant see what difference it makes on the ignition system!
i know if i leave it in gear when i turn it off it turns off without counting down,
it has to be in park or neutral.

next time i take the dash off will pull it out and take a pic of the harness!