urgent actuator help!!

keirz

Member +
ok problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitted my actuator, set to 123mm. when fitted the actuator arm would not reach the wastegate, so i had to lenghten it to about 128mm. my car is only boosting 0.5 bar. heres the problem.

to up the boost i need to shorten the arm right?, but i cant shorten it any further because it wont reach the hole on the wastegate.

am i being stupid, i need help??? what am i doing wrong?

Smore

Lifer
ok problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitted my actuator, set to 123mm. when fitted the actuator arm would not reach the wastegate, so i had to lenghten it to about 128mm. my car is only boosting 0.5 bar. heres the problem.

to up the boost i need to shorten the arm right?, but i cant shorten it any further because it wont reach the hole on the wastegate.

am i being stupid, i need help??? what am i doing wrong?

ajdust it so the pin lines up half way across the wastegate arm hole, then just pull it in and it should boost somewhere around 0.7bar

the 123mm is purely only a figure and may not suit your car with your mods

ChrisGT

Member +
Mine was the exact same, I just gave mine a good tug until it fitted into the hole on the wastegate lever lol

keirz

Member +
so, the bit on the wastegate that has the hole in, im supposed to be pulling that towards the actuator. it doesnt seem to be shifting any further at all???

keirz

Member +
cool, all sorted,

went a little to short and hit fuel cut gauge touched 1 bar, could this have caused any damage?

have adjusted now and its running a steady 0.8 bar with no fuel cut in sight.