Using Big MAP Sensor In 4EFTE..Will It Work..?

sp20v

Fresh Recruit
Hello!
I Was Just Wondering What If We Use Some BIGGER MAP Sensor Like Of 3s-Gte 1jz or 2jz on 4EFTE.....Will It Work?

It Starts Car Or Not...Makes Rich Or Works Just Fine..As 4EFTE Stock MAP Sensor Is Around 1.2 Bar I Think And Hope The One I Mentioned Can Get Around 2 Bar Readings.....

Since One Of My Friend Won't Get 4EFTE MAP Sensor And Getting Some BIG MAP Sensor So Will It Work Or Not...!! Did Anyone Tried It
Thanks

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
on the stock ecu no, it wont give correct values, u cant say if it will be rich or lean, it will just be very confusing for the ecu...

suggest u try & get a map sensor off here, im sure somebody has one.. unless ur running a standalone ecu, then u can use what map sensor u want ;)

kon

sp20v

Fresh Recruit
i'm currently using a 2jz map sensor and i haven't had any problems with it.

You Are Using 2jz MAP Sensor On Stock 4EFTE ECU :rolleyes: Its EP82 Or EP91..........Any Problems Or Like Rich Or It Runs All Fine???? :cool:...!
Nice To Hear That.....!!

lvaleiron

Member +
You Are Using 2jz MAP Sensor On Stock 4EFTE ECU :rolleyes: Its EP82 Or EP91..........Any Problems Or Like Rich Or It Runs All Fine???? :cool:...!
Nice To Hear That.....!!
I haven't had any problems with it, i don't know if i'm running rich because i haven't take it to a dyno nor use a wideband to test it, but the cars runs fine.

do u have the stock ecu?
Yep, running on stock ecu, just waiting for the emanage to arrive!!!:p.

I've read somewhere that the map sensor of the 2jz is a 3bar map sensor, this means that it gives boost values to the ecu in the range 0-5v, being 5v 3bar or so i think, can anyone clarify this? is the map sensor in the gt 3bar too?

sp20v

Fresh Recruit
B/w Which One You Got Dude.....
EP82 2 Grip ECU's Or Later EP91 3 Grip One:confused:

B/w The Sensor My Friend Got Have Part No On It....But I Can't Really Find Of Which Engine It Is...Looks Either 3S-GTE Or Some Supra Turbo One Either 1JZ Or 2JZ......!!

Part No Is 89420-22100 And Looks Exactly Like This Along With Fitting.....Same Color .....Same Fitting Bracket...Just Part No Is Bit Different

Here's The Pic Of 3S-GTE ST185 2nd gen Motor
TURBO_SENSOR.jpg

Our Is 22100 And Mention In Pics Is 22140....Else Its 100% Same Saying Sensor Assy , Turbo Pressure... :cool:

Can Someone Confirm It Please...?

lvaleiron

Member +
hmmm, that map sensor could be from a soarer.
BTW the one i have is similar to his one:
DSC01781.jpg

Also, after reading in supra forums, it seems that the map sensor from a supra is 2 bar too, so that should explain why i haven't had any issues with it.

Forgot to mention, i have an engine from an ep82, 2 grip ecu.

Last edited:

sp20v

Fresh Recruit
Thanks Dude....!!
Soarer Also Shares Same Engine As Supra ......So It Might Be From 2JZ Or 1JZ.....!!
Anyways Thanks For Sharing Info...:drive: