Weight of oem flywheel?

Pav

Member +
I've just had mine replaced with a Toms one so Ill get some pics up soon. I think they're 6-7 kg irrc. Having a lightened one is wicked, its so responsive now!

350ep70gr

Member +
can i go to the machine shop to lighten the stock flywheel?
You can do but it is not recomended!Also it is very dificult to achive lightweights kg (4.5 kg) figure safely without going mad. Keep in mind if your flywheel fail...........:eek: the rotating mass could destroy easily your gearbox
you bonnet and the alien spacecraft near the moon. Btw if you planing near 1 kg less, you can do it but it is sticktly recomended a very very good balance at the same time!!;)

RGM1800

Member +
You can do but it is not recomended!Also it is very dificult to achive lightweights kg (4.5 kg) figure safely without going mad. Keep in mind if your flywheel fail...........:eek: the rotating mass could destroy easily your gearbox
you bonnet and the alien spacecraft near the moon. Btw if you planing near 1 kg less, you can do it but it is sticktly recomended a very very good balance at the same time!!;)

im planning to shave around .5kg but not more than 1 kg. will that be ok? no harm on stock fly?

350ep70gr

Member +
im planning to shave around .5kg but not more than 1 kg. will that be ok? no harm on stock fly?

You can go for .5kg but not sure if any noticible gains tho!! Aftermarket flys are really cheap and worth it.I have an aasco from Sam from speedvision and was close to 250E if i remember well. Excellent piece of art!!;)