Weird Noise

shauntgtt

Member +
To keep it short and sweet - When my car is just ticking over there is a knocking noise...when I press the clutch in it goes away when I let the clutch out it comes back!?

Any suggestions/help much appreciated :)

Yeah mine do it too and 99.9% is the thrust bearing of the clutch! But i will live with it a few more time until i fit a new Exedy organic clutch kit :)

Phil

Super Moderator
toytuning do them, go to their website and check out the drivetrain section. there should be standard and trd ones in the there.

the standard ones arent too expensive if i remember correctly, getting it directly off toyota would be another idea and could work out cheaper?

Phil

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Standard ones from Toyota work out more expensive than from Toby. Come to £34 I do believe.

Phil

Super Moderator
Standard ones from Toyota work out more expensive than from Toby. Come to £34 I do believe.

yes sorry, my post was a little unfair to toby, i didnt realise until i read it again, what i meant was that i thought they were availible from both toby and toyota and by checking both you will be sure to not pay more than necessary.

as it turns out it looks cheaper to source them from toytuning :)

Phil