Went To A Meet Today

Deano

Banned
Today I went to a meet with a starlet forum which I am on in nz I was the only Glanza there and all the rest were gt's I felt pretty out of place seeing as I was the most modern car there lol.

I wanted to talk to them but it was raining I'm thinking about starting up a Glanza club coz everytime I go to meets nobody with a gt wants to talk to me about my car :( and there are always gt's an no Glanzas.

Today nobody even approached me and came and said hi so I thought screw going on the cruise i'm going home to wash my car lol I didn't want to look out of place.

What are your guys meets like? Is there a mix between glanzas and gt's?

cole

Member +
they sound like a bunch of tossers

they was probs jelous because evri 1 knows glanzas are better :p

haha

( waits for the angry mob )

Deano

Banned
No coz they ignored my car and me and they stood in the rain while it was pissing down with their bonnets up screw doing that lol

Fatman

Member +
Haha, just saw this thread... I was there and I have a Glanza! ..just I wasn't driving it on the day, had the whale of a honda with me.

Honestly mate we were wondering why you didn't jump out of the car and come say Hi, it wasn't raining *that* hard ;) Nothing to do with the car you drive. Stick your head into a conversation and introduce yourself. I only knew a couple of people there, ended up being a pretty cool day. Weather fined up and we went for a good thrash out west, had a feed out in Huia after some decent twisty roads :cool:

Jay

Admin
You can't be shy buddy, get out of the car and introduce yourself! :cool:

Getting a little wet is a small price to pay for the back up, banter and tips you can get just by talking to fellow enthusiasts. More than a few of us irish members have been soaked to the skin at meets but spirits can't be dampered.

If nothing else, head to the shiniest engine bay and ask a few questions. Shake hands with everyone you can and stay friendly. You will gain respect if you do it right and with the right support you can get an owners club off the ground. The rest will follow.

Jay

Jay

Admin
It's also a two-way street buddy, you need to show interest to get interest.

Plus you will learn a lot from other perspectives. ;)

Elaine

Lifer
It's also a two-way street buddy, you need to show interest to get interest.

Plus you will learn a lot from other perspectives. ;)

Very sound advice its hard being the new person or know knowing anyone but you will find most people are in the same boat…

You should maybe try and talk to other be the one to take the first step :)

stuart

Member +
haha Dean, give it large on forum but won't go up and introduce himself :D

Should have just got out and said my micra is better? start up convo with a laugh :)

Phenom

Member +
Hey Deano,

Get in there m8 and unveil that wonderful outgoing personality of yours.
U'll bowl em over in minutes.

Did I really type that?
O my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................;):p;)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Hopefully u don't get the same result i get though, I see a big group at a meet and start to head over and suddenly the crowd disperses, some even run!!!

I think i smell hahaha

Only jokin, I hope!

Stulet-GTT

Member +
The starlet an the glanza are pretty much the same car's just in different shell's, if you get wot i mean???

Best thing to do is get out there an say hi to peep's...

Im an area rep on a local site an i arrange weekly meet's for all to get together and catch up, if you was at my meet i would of prob come over an banged on ya window to find out who you are and drag you out for a chat....

Next time get out an say hi, as you jus sat in ya car they prob thought the same about you as you did them...