What clutch in a G6 gearbox?

G6Turbo

Member +
As stated above, what kind of clutch can i use in a G6 corolla gearbox? I hear that the 4E-FE and 4E-FTE cant be using the same clutches.

I am thinking of getting a ORC309 or a CAP paddle clutch.

i replied in your other post

but if your car came with a 4efe engine and uses a 4efe flywheel....then i assume it has a 200mm clutch

if u use the 4efte flywheel...then its a 212mm clutch

to find out......all u need to do is measure your old clutch and find the diamater as described in the other post

G6Turbo

Member +
Yes i am using my old FE flywheel so i measured my old clutch and its 200 mm in diameter. So if i want to use a FTE clutch i wil have to have a FTE flywheel aswel?

then i think ORC 309 wil be a right choice as there is a flywheel with it :), the FTE is never released here in Holland so a standard FTE flywheel is hard to get here

Yes i am using my old FE flywheel so i measured my old clutch and its 200 mm in diameter. So if i want to use a FTE clutch i wil have to have a FTE flywheel aswel?

then i think ORC 309 wil be a right choice as there is a flywheel with it :), the FTE is never released here in Holland so a standard FTE flywheel is hard to get here

yeah to use the 4efte clutch u will need the 4efte flywheel as well

u need someone to confirm/check that the 4efe and 4efte have the SAME flywheel bolt pattern.........try JAY or toby or daveburwash.........

i'm not sure on the flywheel bolt patterns of the two engines

G6Turbo

Member +
wel i gues they have as i am using a FE flywheel on a FTE engine ;). The quistion is if the 212 clutch fits in my G6 gearbox :)

speedvision

Member +
wel i gues they have as i am using a FE flywheel on a FTE engine ;). The quistion is if the 212 clutch fits in my G6 gearbox :)

the fe and fte flywheel has the same bolt pattern and also the fe flywheel is 212mm too so u must be using the 212mm clutch system
becuz the 200 mm pressure plate wont bolt onto the 212mm flywheel

sam

G6Turbo

Member +
thats really odd Sam, because i am using a stock FE flywheel and a reinforced Sachs 200 mm clutch and pressure plate. So i cant be using a 212 mm pressure plate with a 200 mm clutch right?

G6Turbo

Member +
here are some pics of the bloody things LOL

oudekoppelingsset.jpg

oudedrukgroep.jpg

oudekoppelingsplaat.jpg

thats 7 7/8 inches which the 5e clutch....
did u measure the pressure plate?
sam

no sam...its about 200mm (approx 8")......as u can see........he did not go exactly through the centre section with the measuring tape......so it will increase the measurement slightly:rockon:

and "The quistion is if the 212 clutch fits in my G6 gearbox "........i would say the COMPLETE 4efte clutch assmebly should fit in your g6 gearbox++

"""thats really odd Sam, because i am using a stock FE flywheel and a reinforced Sachs 200 mm clutch and pressure plate. So i cant be using a 212 mm pressure plate with a 200 mm clutch right?"""-----i would assume u are using the complete 4efe/200mm package (clutch, pressure plate, etc)right now

so to me u can either 1) buy/run an uprated 5efe/4efe clutch and pressure plate---200mm......using your existing flywheel

2) use the 4efte flywheel if u have it....and run/buy an uprated 4efte clutch and pressure plate combination

or keep things standard if u want.........depends on your power output

i also assume a 4efe/5efe 200mm clutch would work on the 4efte flywheel, with a 4efte pressure plate......BUT why would anyone do this..as the 4efte clutch is 12mm larger:).........however, it might not work the other way around (4efe flywheel, 4efte clutch and 4efe pressure plate------the clutch would overhang the pressure plate)

Sharagath

Member +
as i have search EPC and google, both give me that the clutch on the pictures are 4E-FE/5E-FE and so on.
200mm clutch on a 212 flighwheel looks a bit strange to me.

G6Turbo

Member +
jeah sorry the picture is not wel taken, but its exacly 200mm so in ur terms 8"

But would it be possible to put in a FTE 212mm flywheel with a uprated 212mm pressure plate and clutch? I cant go guesing and then later on i wil find out the clutch is useless because it wont fit my G6 gearbox. The box code is by the way c161 its based on the c150 with an extra gear added

sx_turbo

Lifer
anybody knows if a 212mm flywheel and clutch wil fit in the G6 gearbox (code C161)

i beleive from wot i have read that all the c series box's are interchangeble with the 4efte, so i would say that if you bought an ogura/ORC 309 clutchthen it would have no problem with fitting