What Coilovers?

Adam A

Fresh Recruit
Found a set of Tein HA's and a set of trd coilovers, whats the recommended ones for normal/quick driving (no track days etc). ive been told Tein's can be a bit too harsh and bumpy. At the moment im fancying the TRD ones.

Adam

dac69er

Super Moderator
most coilovers are pretty harsh as most people who buy them want them for full or light track use so have them harsh.

best road setup would probably be koni adjustables and a decent set of lowering springs

supernova

Member +
The TRDs will be harsher than the Teins so I would go for the Teins cause I've driven a mates with TRDs and they were well hard! I got Tanabe ones which are not damper adjustable, so just one setting, rock hard -_-

Sham

Member +
I got Tein coilovers on a glanza and its not hard at all, i found it to be comfortable and a smooth ride...

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
My Gt has TRD coilovers, and the ride is very firm but unless you go over larger bumps n stuff its really not that bad, pot holes are a bit annoying though.
i went in a glanza that im pretty sure had just been lowered on springs and it had almost no suspension travel at all it was like being taken for a ride in a tank. the steering wheel was all over the place and the driver looked like the car was going to shake him to bits.