what guns do you use in cod5

stedee

Member +
still loving this game btw, maybe more than cod4, i actually prefer the guns

i love the bar and the 4th rifle down( the semi auto rifles) - forgot the name

stuart

Member +
Kar98(Single shot, bolt action), SVT40 with flash hider or that big silver automatic rifle with flash hider.

Still loving it over here too mate, you'll have to come for a blast with us bud!

Phil

Super Moderator
Kar98(Single shot, bolt action), SVT40 with flash hider or that big silver automatic rifle with flash hider.

Still loving it over here too mate, you'll have to come for a blast with us bud!

kar98 bolt action :) u must be good stuart! havent played this one enough to get really good yet myself, but if its anything like cod2 then once your up to speed a bolt action rifle is the ticket, one shoot to the head kills smae range as the snipers and the accuracy though obviously lower or "harder" than using a scope it basically relies on confidence! when using a bolt action pull the flipping trigger dont doubt yourself!

having said all that im not up to speed on cod5 yet so i still need a thompson or similar to hit anyone LOL

Phil

tbggreddy

Member +
sub machine guns : Type 100 · PPSh-41

bolt action rifle : PTRS-41 . springfield

machine guns : Browning M1919

rifle : StG44

n can't forget the lovely flame thrower =)

stedee

Member +
stg44

yeah man - stedee my user name is, use it for everything cos its easy to type -lol, i will be on alot now cos broke up 4 xmas, off until the 9th - bonus

that rifle is the stg44 - efin awesome, i love those bouncing betties too, putting them behind you when you are hiding somewhere and then seeing 10 come up on the screen - priceless.

cameroon95

Member +
Still havnt found my weapon yet.

Using the mp40 at the moment, seems ok.

I really liked the mp5 in cod4, can anyone recommend me a gun similar in cod4?

Phil

Super Moderator
Still havnt found my weapon yet.

Using the mp40 at the moment, seems ok.

I really liked the mp5 in cod4, can anyone recommend me a gun similar in cod4?

mp40 lol

or thompson, although it could probably be compared to the m4carbine i guess?

Phil

dan

Member +
im working my way through all the gun challanges at the moment so currently using the M1 Grand rifle.

cameroon95

Member +
mp40 lol

or thompson, although it could probably be compared to the m4carbine i guess?

Phil

the mp40 is too slow, guess double tap will sort that.

I just dont think the weapons are that great at all, they dont feel balanced. In cod4 every weapon felt like it had an equal chance and imo this is what made it a superior game.

I had a go of cod4 online last night and seriously it felt like the sequel to cod5, i kid you not.

Phil

Super Moderator
but cod4 does come after cod5 and the weapons reflect that?!
a rifle made in 1940 wont be as powerful/accurate etc as one made in the 80's 90's+

all the weapons are good in their own ideal situation, no point in having a sniper when the persons in the same room as you, or a pistol if the person is at the far extents of the level..

all the games are trying to live up to the greatness of COD1/2 imo. i think COD5 is a great game too as was cod4 just a different era.

Phil

cameroon95

Member +
but cod4 does come after cod5 and the weapons reflect that?!
a rifle made in 1940 wont be as powerful/accurate etc as one made in the 80's 90's+

all the weapons are good in their own ideal situation, no point in having a sniper when the persons in the same room as you, or a pistol if the person is at the far extents of the level..

all the games are trying to live up to the greatness of COD1/2 imo. i think COD5 is a great game too as was cod4 just a different era.

Phil

Yes i realise that cod4 is set in the future etc,,. Obviously guns are going to be less powerful, but they all less balanced in 5.

But 5 has some interesting ideas, with the dogs and the quick match making.
I think that cod 6 is really gonna be the one that I get back into.

Phil

Super Moderator
Yes i realise that cod4 is set in the future etc,,. Obviously guns are going to be less powerful, but they all less balanced in 5.

But 5 has some interesting ideas, with the dogs and the quick match making.
I think that cod 6 is really gonna be the one that I get back into.

all less balanced? as in what? the barrel is too heavy or what?

5's interesting ideas? dogs is to equal 4's helicopter, and the quick match making is "i think" an idea stolen from the 360 as it had it in cod4 (i assume then you play this on the ps3?) so nothing actually to do with the game?!:homer:

Phil

for hardcore i use M1 garand with sniper scope on big maps.

On normal i use Kar98k with bayonet.

And on small maps for both I use a sawn off 12 gauge