What oil are you using ??

ralphy

Member +
Heys guys just a quickie,

I received my service kit today which when i bought online said it came with titan oil but however i have received genuine toyota oil :S never mind the grade isnt anything special either 10w-40 and was thinking about going out and gettin some better oil !!

Just wondered what oil your all using ???

Cheers Mike

matt walters

Member +
i got a bargain of the year at our local asda last week, castrol gtx semi syn. 4 litres for a tenner, so i bought 4 bottles lol. so much cheaper than halfrauds

Nwimie

Member +
if it said online that it came with titan then ask the seller why you have received a much cheaper oil....

in all fairness that oil is fine anyway.

madman

Member +
10w 40 and 10w 50

silkolen pro-s or the other one forgot the exact name but fully synt

silkolene pro s is an ester based oil btw

it is the only oil i would use even tho it is on the expensive side it is the dogs bollox imo

dac69er

Super Moderator
i got a bargain of the year at our local asda last week, castrol gtx semi syn. 4 litres for a tenner, so i bought 4 bottles lol. so much cheaper than halfrauds

if thats the stuff in the white bottle its not a great spec oil. ok if your going to do regular changes i guess. i wouldnt use it on a performance car if i had the choice.

i just get halfords own brand 10-40 semi for £16 for 5 litres for my runabout GT and whatever better stuff i come across at the time for my hybrid.

matt walters

Member +
yeah it get changed every 3000k with filter so shouldnt be to bad, not like im running an amazing spec engine. its on standard boost and standard internals so its ok for the time being :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
should be fine then mate. normally its only a few ££ more to get magnatec so would rather use that, but if you got it for that price then theres no harm in using it.

better to have good cheaper oil than old dirty good oil ;)

matt walters

Member +
thats what i normally get, but the magnatec was £24 for 4 litres. so i thought for less than half the price i can take if for a good few months worht of servicing lol

adam ep

Member +
silkolene pro s is an ester based oil btw

it is the only oil i would use even tho it is on the expensive side it is the dogs bollox imo

sorry guys made a mistake.. i looked at my oil and mine is 15w 50 pro R...pro s range only comes upto 10-50 i think....

i pay 55 euro for it so whatever that is in pounds...

i swear by it, i have used it in my two glanzas and mivec lancer and it is class....give full lubrication on all vital parts on start up annd the chhances on bottom end bearings being starved is 0... :)

DaveEG

Member +
The Toyota 10/40 isnt too bad tbh I was using that when the car was fairly standard engine wise.

I use Millers 10/40 now but have always done 3k oil changes regardless.

Dan507

Member +
Oil is oil at the end of the day, the expenvice shit only has injector cleaner and other oil additives in.

In the summer i use 10/40 s/s and in the winter 5/30 for those cold starts.

durmz

Member +
Oil is oil at the end of the day, the expenvice shit only has injector cleaner and other oil additives in.

In the summer i use 10/40 s/s and in the winter 5/30 for those cold starts.

thats why motorsport teams are using cheap shit...because its not important at all. interesting