what runaround???

scot-ish

Member +
right, im hopefully picking up my new gt, if i ever get off this ship.

and once ive got the new one, ive not really got a use for the white quadlight. so it will be going for sale for around 2.5k.

anyways, i will most probably buy a runaround, for my mum, and for me to use if im doing a long trip, as i cant imagine fuel economy being good on a 300 + bhp starlet, and dont really wana rack the miles up, as my insurnace policy is 4k limited miles.

anyways, im looking to buy something for probably just a bit less than my car sells for, so i can insure it for the year, and then be done with it.

ive looked into dci clio's, and the diesel corsa C. thats about it, as you can see, ive not put too much thought into it lol.

anyways, what other cars do people suggest, must have 4 or 5 seets, and to be honest, summit a bit bigger than a corsa would probably be better. dont want summit too old, as i'd rather it was reliable, my mum wont fix nothing, and when im offshore, i dont really want it letting her down.

cheers

scot-ish

Member +
I'd prefer a diesel to be honest, for cheaper fueiling, and insurance would be cheaper on a little deisel, i would have thought.

turboloon

Member +
mk1 1.6 zafira ...really good on fuel even though they're petrol,my wife now has a 150 bhp deisel zafira sri, and i'd say the 1.6 petrol for town driving is probably as good as the diesel...or another option is vw golf.

pig666eon

Member +
right, im hopefully picking up my new gt, if i ever get off this ship.

and once ive got the new one, ive not really got a use for the white quadlight. so it will be going for sale for around 2.5k.

anyways, i will most probably buy a runaround, for my mum, and for me to use if im doing a long trip, as i cant imagine fuel economy being good on a 300 + bhp starlet, and dont really wana rack the miles up, as my insurnace policy is 4k limited miles.

anyways, im looking to buy something for probably just a bit less than my car sells for, so i can insure it for the year, and then be done with it.

ive looked into dci clio's, and the diesel corsa C. thats about it, as you can see, ive not put too much thought into it lol.

anyways, what other cars do people suggest, must have 4 or 5 seets, and to be honest, summit a bit bigger than a corsa would probably be better. dont want summit too old, as i'd rather it was reliable, my mum wont fix nothing, and when im offshore, i dont really want it letting her down.

cheers

well man i had a company fiesta diesel 04 model and it was vgood on juice. it was a 1.4 turbo diesel and a 50 euro fill would get me 600km. it had a milage display on the dash which i checked with the mile counter and was usualy close enough. now that was normal tipping about driving but of course if i was to put the boot down it would be less. it had plenty of poke for the engine. im 6"5 and found it very comfortable and tbh if i could get one cheap i would snap it up. not everyones taste but i spent alot of time in it and could not fault it. i used to drive from cavan to cork twice a week and i wouldnt do it in any other car. i really liked it

ha thats just my opinion anyway bud. if your looking for something abit bigger a a4 maybe a passat as the 1.9td engine is very good also