What shall i doo??

Benji91

Member +
Hey all,

Wasnt really sure were to place this so please move if in wrong section. Right i have had an offer and need some help on making it,

I own a Red 1999 model glanza (which i love to bits) pretty standard aprart from wheels, couple of gauges and coilovers. It has only done 66 000 miles too, and my mate has just had his 1996 white glanza tuned by TM developments (i think thats who done it) and he has offered me a swap plus a bit of money as he thinks it would be better/easier to sell a standard model. His car will have 0 miles on the egnine and is fully forged running at 275BHP at 0.6 bar. He is gunna send me a full spec list of all the parts soon, but it has emange ultimate, blitz nur spec r exhaust, witeline anti roll bars, front mount intercooler, new spec bumpers, external waste gate ect. He has handed over like 6k for the engine build and has loads of spares with it, plus all bushes and bearings replaced on suspension.

What do you reakon/what would you do? I always wanted to build up my own car and love my red baby but this would be a awsome car and would save me a bundle of ££££.

Cheers

Ben

danb87

South East England Area Rep
seems strange too offer you a car with all that done for a basically standard glanza...... just my opinion anyway he can offer me it all an ill give him some money lol

Exe_GT

Member +
Difficult one mate, if u can see yourself spending ££££ to get that spec keep yours and do it yourself but if not then it would be nice to have....nice choice of kit on it too. I would swap but thats only cuz i am buying a house!!! Would the engine rebuild be under warranty in case of any problems else you will be picking up bills.

Any pictures of the two?

What turbo would be 275BHP @ 0.6?......TD05?

Last edited:

Benji91

Member +
Thanks people, urrm i have only got pics of mine atm. He is running a TD04 and is being done by tuning developments, which i think there demo car which has the same spec made 275 at 1 BAR. He is stupid tbh but always like that with things just gets bored of waiting then moves on to somthing else. I think my car looks 10 times better but has no were near the power. Hmmmmm cant decide........

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

fishman

Member +
i am good friends with the TD lads. correct if im wrong but the 275bhp was made on a different turbo not a Tdo4

Benji91

Member +
Oh right I don't really no then I was told that it did that on a TD04 but could be wrong :s. All my mate said was that it was being built up to 300bhp (copying the demo) car but only gunna run 275bhp so that it's 'safe'.

The guys name is nick who's doing it, have you seen this car then lol?

fishman

Member +
may have matey, they have that many in, very good workmanship, done all my work, i stand corrected if thats the power they got, very good at the mapping side of things:)

Benji91

Member +
Yeah its nick whos doing it i have the full infomation on it now:

Full forged with acl race bearings
TD04 turbo- manifold, tail wastegate & screamer pipe
480cc injectors
225 fuel pump
Nur spec R exhaust
HKS air filter
HDI intercooler
Baileys DV
Torque Damper
Oil catch tank
e manage ultimate
Blitz electronic boost controller
race clutch
LSD
Turbo timer

Tien super street coilovers
Whiteline Rear strut, anti roll bar, anti lift kit, panhardrod, custon D pillar bar, polybushed

Bride seat rails
Sparco evo seats
Sparco safari wheel
Race harness 3"
Pro sport gauges (tacho, boost, oil pressure. water temp)

And the acutal BHP is 290BHP at 1.4BAR but everyday map at 1 BAR

dark_knight

Member +
not to burst any bubbles but that deal sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too good - it's almost suspicious. do you know the lad well enought..? is he giving you the car genuinely or is there something to it..? spec sheet aside, you wouldn't want to be cruising down the highway when you see red and blue lights in your rear-view only to be told you are riding in stolen property.. knock on wood! well, at that instant, you could listen to the devil sitting on your left shoulder and put the pedal to the metal with your 290 pedigree horses.. :D hehehe

bottom line, i'd keep the red star! it looks way too mint! remember a car is not just about how much power it can put down. it's also about looks, comfort, your love/like for it, reliability among other things. the simple fact that you are a tgtt member means you have the modding bug somewhere in you. keep the car and spend some time (& stash) modding it. you'll love it a lot more in the end..

just my 2 cents worth..

Benji91

Member +
Thanks guys, urrm he is a mate from work and i dont think he is on here his name is stu. He has done it all the way though his cars. He just gets bored of them and sees somthing new and wants it. The car is good, its still with nick atm waiting to be deliverd to his house. He wants a rx8 and ows money to people so wants to pay it off. I no it sounds iffy but its just the fact he is stupid haha.

The only thing is i love glanzas in red and a respray will cost a fair bit??
Its the spec i really would want at some point in the future and by doing this it will save me loads!

Hmmmm..... I am more thinking about doing it atm. Will be awsome car to have!

dark_knight

Member +
@Benji91: alright mate, given the new intel that has now come to light; i can say go ahead and trade it in. he's a mate at work so i can presume he is within reasonable reach if you ever need to find him. before you sign the papers though, have a look at the car. drive it around for a bit. if possible, swap cars with him for say 2 days or so and use it in your normal routine as you'd use it once you purchase it.

most importantly, don't listen to any of us, instead, what's your 6th sense telling you..? :)
all the best..

sanchez

Member +
Still sounds strange, me and Luke could probs come and have a look over it sometime if you were seriously considering it.
I had owned my starlet for 4 year RIP lol and Luke has one now, pretty much built mine from standard so sort of know what we are looking at.

Benji91

Member +
Hahaa thanks buddy ;). I really really want to do it but scared at the same time lol. Yeah as part of the deal i want to put like 500 miles on the engine to make sure theres no issuses to start off with cz hopfully any faults will show up then. I ent expecting no problems in the future with it as it 290BHP of course things will break haha cant get that power and have no problems. Yeah if i could get hold of him no problem.

I think at the end of the day it will have a warenty even tho its a pain as ill have to go with out a car for a while but it shouldnt really come down to that.

Any idea how much a respray would cost?