what should turbo boost gauge read with foot to floor?

corofin12345

Member +
what mods you got on the car?? 5psi is about .34 of a bar and if your boost gauge is in psi then something is wrong... have you it on low turbo by any chance??

t.sutton

Fresh Recruit
boost

jus bought car it was idling high full boost used hit 10 press,but tuned it down and only getting 5 press now in low turbo all time,is this normal??vac is 20 hg is this ok??

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
its on low turbo but it was recently idling high but when i tuned it down the turbo seems to be lacking power its standard turbo,the noise is diff from turbo since

low turbo would be around 5psi mate.. turn on high boost again and see what the gauge reads then

t.sutton

Fresh Recruit
boost

in work at the mo now so cant go for spin as much as id luv 2 :) but i havent ran in high turbo yet as im vry busy at d mo but full boost in low turbo is about 5 psi defo is it??since i tuned it down turbo seems to be makin diff sound and seems a bit slower and why used it be 10psi b4 i tuned it down??

corofin12345

Member +
in work at the mo now so cant go for spin as much as id luv 2 :) but i havent ran in high turbo yet as im vry busy at d mo but full boost in low turbo is about 5 psi defo is it??since i tuned it down turbo seems to be makin diff sound and seems a bit slower and why used it be 10psi b4 i tuned it down??

ya sur thats what the high/low switch does.. low turbo is only really for icy conditions mate..so you wont spin up the wheels.. its restricts the turbo in low..ie less boost.. you can just bypass the high/low switch and keep it in high turbo all of the time.. very easy 2 do.. 10psi is just right on high boost tho so nothing wrong mate

Last edited:

t.sutton

Fresh Recruit
boost

i havent tried it in hi boost noww yet but im goin on my break at 2 goin to give it a blast out the mallow road ill let ya know if boost is 10 psi thx for help anyway much appreciated

corofin12345

Member +
i havent tried it in hi boost noww yet but im goin on my break at 2 goin to give it a blast out the mallow road ill let ya know if boost is 10 psi thx for help anyway much appreciated

no bother at all.. normally people have problems with their high/low switch and just bypass it altogether but in your case it all seems ok mate..

picture below shows how 2 bypass the high/low switch..keeps it in high boost all of the time (in black circle..orange pipes..yours will be black)

and if your car is idling high try adjust the idle screw (yellow arrow points 2 a rubber grommet on top of inlet mani. lift up and idle screw is underneath) idle should be around 900rpm

P1010248-2-1-1.jpg

:)

Last edited: