What to look for when buying a glanza??????

little o1990

Fresh Recruit
hi im new to the jap sence i have a slight idea when it comes to cars but not majour knowlage im looking at getting a glanza start of next month and ill be looking at a few i dont want to just rush and buy the 1st 1 i see so i was wondering what is there to look out for on them whats prone to go on them rust issue? anything like that

sorry if its been asked already or its in the wrong section

cheers for you time Ash

Just the same as any car of its age really rust scratches electrics not workin general stuff like that if u can find out everything you can about each car you view service history import docs reciepts for parts purchased hpi clear colour changes signs of respray /crashed check vin number matches that of the engine incase its been swapped etc For watever reason

Engine wise any funny noises, blue smoke from exhaust, check the oil is clean, no dodgey wires in the bay cracked cheap aftermarket manifolds can be an issue if modded on the cheap

Exterior like i said make sure all panels are the same colour and that it has been undersealed etc no haze in lights common problem

Interior will have general wear and tear on seats but shouldnt be too bad heel spots on carpets

Also check the cv joints they are made of cheese on these cars if you buy someones from the forum chances are someone will know the car and probs seen it in the flesh and can vouch for it so have a looks in the classsifieds section on here if you see any on pistonheads etc get a link up and ask for peoples opinions

Good luck in your search and welcome
To the site

little o1990

Fresh Recruit
cheers for the quick reply mate! much appreicated it seems all good to be honest then i mean i was french before i seen the light lol so obviously i know what to look for on them gearbox's boot rust etc so wanted to know the common ones on starlets! yeahhh i do look almost daily at the for sales on here because as you say people will know the car or it will have a thread of everything theyve done etc ill also copy a link get a 2nd opinion too cheers for the help chris

daveEP

Member +
Welcome m8. Good luck getting one. shouldnt be to hard. in my oppinion i would look for one basicly standard or one from someone who has takin care of there car with no expense n not just one thats been bought, ragged, then sold on again. Would start on this sise in the for sale section. :D