What turbo to use t3 fitment 350bhp?

srankin90

Member +
Doing a forged build and bought a new turbo kit which is t3 fitment but im looking for a turbo to suit my use of the car which is street/drag. I have been looking into precision turbos and was advised these turbos:

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...s/details/Entry-Level-Turbocharger---4831B/55

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...ftermarket-Replacement-Turbocharger---5128/75

Im looking for around 350bhp but decent spool. Does anyone have any other ideas on what turbo to use? Dont really want to use garrett gt2871r as it is very expensive

chinesemafia

Member +
Doing a forged build and bought a new turbo kit which is t3 fitment but im looking for a turbo to suit my use of the car which is street/drag. I have been looking into precision turbos and was advised these turbos:

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...s/details/Entry-Level-Turbocharger---4831B/55

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...ftermarket-Replacement-Turbocharger---5128/75

Im looking for around 350bhp but decent spool. Does anyone have any other ideas on what turbo to use? Dont really want to use garrett gt2871r as it is very expensive

These specs should give you perfect balance on a 5e. Response and power

Turbine Wheel Exducer diameter 49.53mm
Turbine Wheel Mayor diameter 63.75mm
Compressor Wheel Exducer dia. 42.42mm
Compressor Wheel Mayor dia. 59.94mm
Turbine Housing A/R point 48
Compressor Housing A/R point 42

srankin90

Member +
GT3071r 0.63... raise the rpm limit though :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd
what sort of spool times are we taking about because this will be used on the road mostly and dont want it to be too laggy. What would that first precision turbo link i put up be like?

srankin90

Member +
to much hassle with buying a 5E engine and everything else and i already have all the forged stuff bought for 4E. i have been talking to some tuners and they say that the 4E can make just as much bhp but not torque and also think the 4E is a nicer reving engine

AdamB

Member +
It depends how it's built and mapped I think. You can rev just as much as 4E if it's balanced right.
If you got all the forged bits for 4E it's not worth going 5E. I think the gt30 is
more expensive than the gt28, would still be worth raising the rev limit on a 28, but you'll make full boost quicker.

jam35

Member +
if you just want to chase figures go 5e you say you dont want it too laggy and use it mainly on the road. imo that sort of power isnt realy usable on the road you will easily see 350 but expect to put up with lag

animal gt

Member +
if u just want to chase figures go 5eQUOTE=jam35;1043717 you say you dont want it too laggy and use it mainly on the road. imo that sort of power isnt realy usable on the road you will easily see 350 but expect to put up with lag[/QUOTE]

this bit i dont get!! you's are all hooked up on this 5e crap..lol 5e means nothing to me. nothing wrong with the 4e dude stick with it ;)

Last edited:

jam35

Member +
this bit i dont get!! you's are all hooked up on this 5e crap..lol 5e means nothing to me. nothing wrong with the 4e dude stick with it ;)[/QUOTE]

fook me i didnt know you could count to 5!! bigger turbos are better on a 5e and produce alot more torque.

read the post. wasnt saying to ditch the 4e just any big turbo will be laggy on it :D

mickyboy

Member +
If you think about it, a longer strokeing engine takes longer to rotate.. yeah it has abit more air going through the combustion chamber but in theory a sorter rod/strock engine will rev faster there for pushing the air around the engine much quicker there for spinnig the turbo faster..If the 5e was alot bigger in bore then yeah it will make alot of diffrance with torque/spool up times!.. its like a power bike for instance sorter rods/carbs and it revs like a bitch at the end of the day starlets weigh a bag of flower so is there realy going to be much lag? i dont think so!!...Also its down to what turbo you choose and how good your mapper is to get it to spool alot quicker!!

Also if you look at the leaderboard Alan e makes more nm/torque on a 4e then stubby with his 5e, Alan hasnt made as much power but it says it all realy

Last edited:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
thing is on a 5e you dont need to be reving so high to keep things on boost. a 5e is a much better drive. my friends 4e running a vf28 at 1.1 bar makes 252bhp, the same as my car at the moment at the same boost but mines making 243ft lbs and his is only making 198ft lbs. and his isnt making peak power until almost the red line but mines peaking at 5.8k

yes 4e is a great engine and can probably make about the same power as a 5e but....
a 5e is always going to spool turbos quicker and be a nicer drive off boost. unless you have a track car your not going flat out full boost everywhere are you.