What Turbo!!

George611

Member +
Im now at the stage of thinking about a bigger turbo as im running pretty much standard atm...I dont want to go TD04 but want a similar turbo maybe jus a tad smaller..not sure which turbos fit or any other options there are..any suggestions?

madman

Member +
TD12 maybe??? quick spool of a ct9 and high end power of TD04 can run 1.2 bar as its whats recommended iirrc.

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
The best turbo to fit your requirements would be a K24 I'd say, smaller than TD04, quicker spool up :)

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
k24 will suit you mate.
as you are not a fan of the slightly more lag my td04 set up has, id suggest k24.
td12 as mentioned above have heard some good feedback, but also some negative feedback.
the td12 wont be behind in total power at 1.2 bar maybe 20bhp down, but torque it will suffer on dude.
but it will suit your needs nicely tho, altho if u can k24 is more ideal.

Ted

Member +
i think the td04 isnt laggy at all, with a decent ext gate setup you'll have 0.5 bar by 3000 and full boost(1.4) by 3800 or so. in bang for buck terms it cant be beat. just because everyones done it dont discount it.

George611

Member +
Totally agree mate but like you say everyones done it..most common turbo upgrade n i dont wanna be a sheep and do the same id much prefer to differ but if it comes to it i dont mind td04'ing jus rather not lol

churcherj

Member +
i think the td04 isnt laggy at all, with a decent ext gate setup you'll have 0.5 bar by 3000 and full boost(1.4) by 3800 or so. in bang for buck terms it cant be beat. just because everyones done it dont discount it.

agree entirely! td04 really isnt as laggy as everyone makes out, sometimes its more useable than a faster spooling turbo as you can get traction earlier i find

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
guys knowing george, he wants to experiment, and he has been in my td04 hits 20psi at 3700rpm.
so yes a td04 isnt laggy george, we agreed on that, but i know from what we spoke about,
your more after 200bhp and a well balanced motor.
if you can get a k24 dude, then i would advise, as it suits exactly what your after.
and your mostly chasing on raod driveablility with bit of extra power, but not savage, and you always like to be different.LOL

George611

Member +
k24's are meant to be awesome but are quite rare, you dont see them for sale often hence the high price tag

i noticed this lol i cant seem to find a kit anywhere zisco do a mani an decat so thats covered but now need oil n water lines intercooler piping air filter piping etc. list goes on...i might look at a company that can make the lines. if i get everything in position then i can determain what needs to go where and order up shouldnt be too hard jus take alot of time..would be useful to talk to someone whos done one anybody?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
not really.. iv had both, there isnt any real difference, maybe a little more lag, but depending if the greddy 6cm2 or 8cm2 exhaust housing is used :)

kon

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
good option as well, (the gt2510) being ballbearing & using an exhaust housing of 0.48ar :)
kon