What's The Fuel Pressure A Starlet Turbo Should Run?

ep71turbo

Member +
I have a problem with my starlet each time i get up to like 2,500 - 3000 rpm my car stalls... i cleaned the injectors both by gas treatment and manually took them out and cleaned it... i changed fuel filter too and the problem is still there could it be a case of fuel pressure??:confused:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
stock fuel pressure sits at 2.3bar mate.. thats 33.81psi :)

sounds more like a problem with either ur tps or map sensor... this information of course is valid for the 4efte.. im seeing u have an ep71... do u have a 4e conversion or are u running the 2e-telu? as im afraid i cant help much with the 2e.

kon

ep71turbo

Member +
Well I got the 4e-fte complete engine but i'm having a problem finding a computer box... so i'm currently only runnin' the bottom half so i still have the original 2e -telu computer and head... i was told by some1 that if i have to buy a 4e computer i gotta get one with out the ect feature because that's made for the automatic type starlet is this true??

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hmm in that case i can see the problem... u CANT use the 2e head on the 4e bottom end.. the engine timing is completely different.. thats why ur having problems running ur engien mate, get urself a 4efte head & ur problems will be cured :)

kon

ep71turbo

Member +
Thanks Kon... I see :( what about the electronics? the computer with the ECT for the automatic... or let me put it plainly is there a manual and automatic computer box for the 4e-fte as in separate box or the box can work for either?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Thanks Kon... I see :( what about the electronics? the computer with the ECT for the automatic... or let me put it plainly is there a manual and automatic computer box for the 4e-fte as in separate box or the box can work for either?

an auto ecu can work on a manual gbox.. but depands what loom your using?

Texx

Super Moderator
If using a later 3 plug ECT ECU then you'll probably need to use the auto throttle body and linear TPS for it to run properly.

ep71turbo

Member +
Ok texx... i got another friend who has an automatic starlet so he can jus switch transmission and he would be fine? no need to change computer box and so on?

Texx

Super Moderator
An ECT ECU will work with a manual Strarlet, but a manual ECU won't work with a Starlet fitted with an electronically controlled transmission.

Skalabala

Member +
Get a stand alone management buddy.
You must be careful of that combination as the two head gaskets are not the same.
And get a 4EFTE head :)

Rev

Member +
An ECT ECU will work with a manual Strarlet, but a manual ECU won't work with a Starlet fitted with an electronically controlled transmission.

I know there are a few types but I have auto Electronic controlled tramsmission and have used 2 different Ep82 manual ecus. I think in my case the auto box has its own separate ecu as well?