what's this?

hybrid_G4E

Member +
0827192633hh8.jpg

0827192640jk0.jpg

i wuz guessing that's a cold start injector?
need a good place where i can hook up my GM IAT.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
correct, thats the air intake temperature sensor :)

hybrid_G4E

Member +
ah it's even better!

HYBRID, i'm gonna run a MegaSquirt setup , so if that's the stock IAT, i'm gonna be replacing it with a GM IAT, that came bundled with the kit.

any of you got MegaSquirt on? anyone sharing maps?
cuz tercelonline only got 1 dude sharing his setup..

HYBRID

yeah u could replace it..

but isnt the megasquirt a piggyback? coz if ur retaining the stock ecu id suggest u leave that in place & bung in another sensor just b4 the tb... not much room to put it in the plenum im afraid :( *sigh*

i only think there is one member from denmark (or was it holand?!) thats runing it on here..

kon

hybrid_G4E

Member +
yeah u could replace it..

but isnt the megasquirt a piggyback? coz if ur retaining the stock ecu id suggest u leave that in place & bung in another sensor just b4 the tb... not much room to put it in the plenum im afraid :( *sigh*

i only think there is one member from denmark (or was it holand?!) thats runing it on here..

kon

ah no it's a standalone (with all sensors equipped) or it too can be used as a piggyback if you wanna control fuel only.

HYBRID, here's a quote from a fellow friend (MS tuner too). that reply also got be interested into doing my own.

Wow.... your list is so long..... feel lazy a bit to do the MS listing but here are some info on top of my head.

MS have all the features you listed but some differences here;

1. MS do batch injection but can be made sequential if using MS3 which is still under development. FYI, the mighty RB20/25 is also using batch injection and still produce great output. 4A-GE fires all the 4 injectors at once and still becomes the engine of choice for those drifters. In short, you'll say it's good if you take note of how that works but your mind starts to think something else when you thought that batch fire will create some drawbacks even though that's not the case. At high rpm, the time will become so close that the sequential injectors too will actually continuously inject fuel.

2. MS can be made to work as COP sequential ignition firing but you have to buy extra parts and configure it inside the software. it's that simple. However, to mount the hardwares on the engine is not that simple. Best option, use whatever configuration/hardware your existing engine have.

3. Can work till 8 low impedance injectors without the resistor pack. Use the software to limit the current.

4. Mapping is 12x12 but can be expanded to 24x24 if you need to which is usually not required.

5. RPM setting is totally variable up to you. Not only the rpm limit is variable, you can adjust the mapping load/rpm according to your taste. You can even have till 25k rpm or 35k rpm. Up to you. The map is interpolated, so you don't need that every 500 rpm boxes. You can set at any no. you like to suit your application. Totally variable. You can also switch it to the 3D graph to tune.

6. Real time dwell control.

7. You can have some optionals too;
7.1. Shift light
7.2. Boost controller
7.3. NOS control
7.4. Water injection control
7.5. Actually, you can control anything you like. Your choice and creativity. You can use coolant, rpm, air temp, MAP pressure, TPS, EGO etc. to act as your switch to activate your applications.

8. You can configure MS to work with almost any engine, be it 2 stroke 1 cylinder motorcycle engine or that 4 stroke 8 cylinder muscle cars. You don't have to sent it back to the manufacturer to do that. It's diy....

Emmmm... talking about diy, won't you have that 'pride' too...???

HYBRID

woah!! now thats some impressive info man!

seems like its a really simple to tune standalone. im guessing that u have to make ur own harness right? or is it as simple as splice it up & it will work? very very interesting dude..

thanks
kon

hybrid_G4E

Member +
woah!! now thats some impressive info man!

seems like its a really simple to tune standalone. im guessing that u have to make ur own harness right? or is it as simple as splice it up & it will work? very very interesting dude..

thanks
kon
here's my own kit.
0827192413ol4.jpg

well according to the lad, all his customers use back their existing OEM factory harnesses. he stresses out that there's absolutely no point switching to the MS items as all the sockets and wiring routes are already carefully designed by manufacturers. and also ms-1 have the calibration option for any sensors that u intend to use. its an OPEN SOURCE standalone,you have the freedom.

his own 2nd MS project, a Z31 300ZX with RB25 transplant. gonna be fired up soon.
P7280034.jpg

a 4AGE.
P8190049.jpg

P8190037.jpg

MS-1 fitted with custom adaptor to a 4G63T motor
P7100081.jpg

P7120092.jpg

P6270077.jpg

and here's one of our mates' car on MS-1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrH9qiZwo5s

impressive piece of work huh! :rockon:

HYBRID

cool :D

so if i understood well there is a plug & play harness for the ep to the ms1 ?

where did u buy it from? got a link? also how much did it set u beck :)

thanks
kon

hybrid_G4E

Member +
cool :D

so if i understood well there is a plug & play harness for the ep to the ms1 ?

where did u buy it from? got a link? also how much did it set u beck :)

thanks
kon

unfortunately, there's no plug n play harness.
some splicing is required. takes a bit of work, and time.

i got the whole kit frm a barter-trade. a mate needed new carbies for his suzuki, which i've a spare. ;)

price (in USD, IIRC.)

1 x MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.0 - Kit w/Black Case (MS130-K_BL) @ $193.00
1 x GM Closed Element CLT/IAT Sensor w connector (CLTIATwConn) @ $16.25
1 x GM Open Element IAT Sensor w connector (IATwConn) @ $20.00
1 x MegaSquirt Wiring Harness - 12 feet @ $65.00
1 x VB921 Ignition Coil Driver (VB921ZVFI) @ $5.50
1 x MegaSquirt PCB3.0 - HeatSink only (MSx30-HS) @ $5.00

schematic (well, kinda) of the whole system, is just like any expensive standalone.
system.gif

Nwimie

Member +
mega squirt is quite good for the price as a standalone! read lots about it some good info in this thread!

hybrid_G4E

Member +
some more bits on MS. i'm not a dealer, by the way, and doesn't get paid by them to post this here.

here's the case, without MegaSquirt, you would need an add-on fuel controller (SAFC/AFC/etc..), a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or some other trick to add extra fuel when the boost comes on. With MegaSquirt, though, you simply program in longer pulse widths via the VE table. it's simply interesting.

btw i think this shud be moved to the Electrics / ECU / Diagnostics / ICE sect now.

Starbus

Member +
some more bits on MS. i'm not a dealer, by the way, and doesn't get paid by them to post this here.

here's the case, without MegaSquirt, you would need an add-on fuel controller (SAFC/AFC/etc..), a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or some other trick to add extra fuel when the boost comes on. With MegaSquirt, though, you simply program in longer pulse widths via the VE table. it's simply interesting.

btw i think this shud be moved to the Electrics / ECU / Diagnostics / ICE sect now.

What was the total cost involved in switching to megasquirt.
I guess you've been mapping yourself? Did you just map the 12 load sites it says above? How did you find the interpolation? Is the AFR stable between the sites? Did you use a knock link or det cans to map the ignition timing.

hybrid_G4E

Member +
What was the total cost involved in switching to megasquirt.
I guess you've been mapping yourself? Did you just map the 12 load sites it says above? How did you find the interpolation? Is the AFR stable between the sites? Did you use a knock link or det cans to map the ignition timing.

still learning myself mate, haven't finished re-wiring mine yet. the car's literally in pieces now as we speak.

Starbus

Member +
still learning myself mate, haven't finished re-wiring mine yet. the car's literally in pieces now as we speak.

Where did you get your trigger wheel from?

Also If you could PM me the price you paid and a place to get it from that would be great.

Thanks.